Old 03-12-2012   #11
North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Thanks from me too- I've also been needing to get off my butt and put together a website for all the classes I teach (Wilderness First Aid, CPR, etc) but have been daunted by all the options/prices. So far I've just been using Facebook to promote my classes/show pictures. Just starting out so any feedback is a good thing. And if you want to look at the FB site- you're welcome to. (And you can tell me what kind of kayak I've been using for my scenarios- lol)

(and no- I'm not advertising- Not many of you are in the Western WA market to take WFA or CPR classes I'm guessing)

Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #12
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
For a bailey fest site, get domain name at godaddy and set up google apps for domains (free version) then use Happy to help if you need.

For a professional website, get a domain name at godaddy, set up google apps for domains free version (email, documents, basic sites with redirect) and have somebody do a 3 or 5 page website for you.

Please stay away from Wix, 1and1 or squarespace as they run flash and most users HATE flash, not to mention that it will not work on iDevices. godaddy hosting is cheap and can be joomla, .netnuke or wordpress as well as others.

If it was a business website, I'd say spend the $1000 bucks to get it done right. I do domain admin and have a buddy that does html5 websites that I work closely with. He can host as well. Located in the Roaring Fork valley so your $$$ stay local.

brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote