Old 08-23-2004   #21
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Totally OT. Craw ran the Chattooga two days ago, The Ocoee today (hell Hole was going off and I'm willing to give you directions on how to get to it) and the Green is on the horizon (hoping the man works on Wednesday) See you soon.

Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #22
The next zone, .
Clarification on my point – I agree that the term faggot should not be used in civilized conversations and it was a poor choice of words by the boater to get his point across. That term is in the same league as the n-bomb and the c-word. My point is that while considered unethical it is just words. I would not have let it ruin my day. Maybe it comes from my background but shit talkin is just that talk. It looks to me as if a uber sensitive boater got their feeling hurt (so sad). This type of activity is no different from a local surfer protecting their home break. Is this where kayaking is going? Only if people like buster push it there.

Buster and the way that he handled this situation is flat out wrong. In my opinion buster demonstrated far less class than the boater. It is boaters like buster not the local boaters that will get us shut out of this place. It saddens me to see that any person would be so vindictive as to try to underhandedly discredit this person over 1 statement. Buster needs to learn respect and the ability to handle his own problems. If he is going to directly attack and undermine another person’s life and or livelihood at least do it face to face.

What the boater did was not the best example of river ethics. That aside we all have buster (not the local boater) to thank for bringing this to a boil, on the buzz no less, and getting us all 1 step closer to the elimination of this spot.

Thanks buster

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #23
I will repeat myself!!!!

Dear Buster,
I would like to start by explaining to you what you might have seen to make you(your
friends?) think I called you a F@$king F@$$ot. Dustin Urban, Brooks Baldwin, Corey Volt,
Ben Guska, and I were all there filming with a new technique we had never used before.
Dustin, Ben and I were all paddling when these two guys showed up on the bridge that
overlooks the wave. They stood there for about 20min watching us and taking digital
pictures. One guy went to get his video camera and when he returned he began filming
every ride. This would be like me going to the DC SHOES ramp out in the desert and
filming Danny Way and his homies at their home spot. The only and I repeat only time
that a paddler(myself) in the water had contact with the onlookers was when I signaled
them not to film as we already had three cameras going at the time.

All of my friends that were there, who are all trustworthy people will say that there was
no yelling and name calling or anything of the sort. We also had cameras rolling this
whole entire time and I have watched the tape over and over now and I was NEVER
yelling. I also would have been yelling really really loud which you know if you have been
to the wave because of the massive noise it creates.To further my point after we got out
of the water we all went up and talked to these two guys and reintroduced ourselves.
You would think if someone you hardly knew had just called you a f@g and then they
walk up and introduce themselves there had been a misunderstanding. Instead of
asking me if I was angry at them or if I called them names, they acted friendly and then
went on about their paddling. I think we even offered to hold their camera while they
were both in the water. I do apologize for asking you guys not to video but enough is
enough and some People just don't understand when they are intruding. If one of them
would have been on the water it would have been a whole different story.

It is insane that these two paddlers could be so jealous as to say I called them names
when in truth we were just asking them not to film us. We never said they couldn't set
their camera up on a tripod while they were paddling and record for days and show the
whole world. Enough people know about the wave that it is not in my wildest to call
them sexually degrading names because they weren't paddling. Jealousy really comes
into this picture when all of the sponsor names are brought up by the author and
posters. I was in fact just trying to protect our footage and the companies that
represent that footage by making it unique. When our boys from durango go home and
show the footy of our camera system to their bros it all of the sudden becomes well
"Some friends of mine were recently at the M wave checking it out when they saw these
guys doing some awesome tricks and took a digital picture at which point an prominent
member of team Dagger" Why would you post a message for you friends about their
encounter. This shows that the message is in fact through a second party and has
almost no relevance.
Once again I apologize for trying to stop you guys from filming us but this is no reason to
get on a widely seen board and claim a high profile athlete was calling you sexually
degrading names. I have the hard cold proof in my video camera( that was rolling the
whole time) that I in fact didn't call these people names and this is purely a personal
attack that should have been solved differently.
I don't think people realize how important kayaking is to me and they see it as a way to
be famous or well known. Kayaking is my life and for someone to blatantly lie about
something that didn't happen for the sole reason of giving me a bad name is malicious. I
have witnesses and video proof that this incident was a misunderstanding and the
people involved went about solving it in completely the wrong way. I am currently having
this message tracked so I can get to the bottom of this once and for all. Buster, it would
be good for you to show your face. The message posted was an attack on my personal
rights and let it be known there will be legal follow up on this case. If you feel you want
to contact me before I find you, my phone number is 970 209 8881.
Sorry for any trouble this misunderstanding caused!
Alex Hotze
Alex Hotze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #24
C'mon A little back up here!

Dear Mountainbuzzers,
I know most of you who replied to reality check in negative ways were just waiting for the time to come when you finally had somthing on me other that being a pro kayaker. Well it turns out this statement made by buster was entirely untrue when in fact buster is just a shop employee in Durango that probably has never surfed the wave and definently wasn't there that day. There might have been two of them saying I called them names at the top of my lungs but there were 5 of us that say nothing of the sort happened. I have been courteous to every one that I see at the wave and I only get upset when people do stupid things that endanger the spot. I hope I haven't lost all credibility because one person that you'all don't even know was speaking up for their friends and in general trying to cause drama by telling straight up lies! To all my paddling friends out there, come surf your brains out and I might even let you stay at my parent's house!
Alex Hotze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #25
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Props Alex, for stepping up and dealing with Buster's accusation. You have always been my homey because since you were knee high to a dogs ass you have been a true paddling fiend and it takes one to know one. I doubt anyone who has ever hung out or paddled with you has ever been fazed by some Internet mud-slinging.

I am more interested in what we can do to preserve access at the sickest spot in the State. I would love to get your feedback on some of the ideas that have been tossed around. You know the m-wave better than anyone. Either respond here or e-mail, I am interested in seeing what, if anything, we can do.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #26
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
I am more interested in what we can do to preserve access at the sickest spot in the State.
Ditto, enough with this soap opera bs. This is a world class playspot, in a very dry state with very little good play...
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #27
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington

I just wanted to be part of one the biggest threads since chunderboy
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #28
Way to step up Alex. The story is diffren't now that both sides have had there say. As far as wishing you to fail that's just not the case. had the story been true about the language used then yeah. but not becuse of who you are but becuse any sponsered kayaker acting like that is bad for the sport. What do you think about mike's offer you would probably be instrumental in making anything positive happen. Curious about your thought's. peace sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #29
The next zone, .

“I have been courteous to every one that I see at the wave and I only get upset when people do stupid things that endanger the spot.”

I have been at this spot many times when you were there and this quote sums it up for me – I hope that you can track down that buster character. It is good to hear both sides of the story. Keep rippin it up and I look forward to seeing that footage in next season’s video.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #30
Lawyer Scum

Buster, I'm assuming this is true and your an idiot. Your joke could have cost Alex his sponsorship. He would be justified to lay you out.

Sounds like Gore race boxing needs to step back onto the card.

Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote