Old 06-07-2005   #1
Rapid Air Quick air...where it keep it

With all the past comments about the carrying the Quick air system and/ or rubber tubing, I've decided that it is time to pick up the Quick air system. Although I can definetly see situations where it could help out, it obviously shouldn't be a substitute for good judgement and safety. That said, where are people keeping this device? Are you stowing it in your pfd pocket (I have a P-vest and it might fit in the front pocket). Or are people taping it under the cockpit rim of your boat? I can't imagine being pinned underwater and trying to reach the thing under your cockpit, or trying to unzip a zipper in your pfd to get the thing out. Obviouly the main hope is your buddy will have one to hand to you, but what if your in a spot where your friends can't get to ya. Thanks in advance

mfrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #2
Actually you would want to have one of the vests with a front pocket. The idea is that you would just have to lean forward and put your mouth on it or have to minimally move to get to it. If you are pinned, etc you aren't going to be able to move much most likely.

There are a handful of vests that work (HF, Astral, etc). They have them on their website

WspSteamboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #3
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94

he's referring to Quick Air not Rapid Air. Quick Air is Rapid Air's cousin. Check it out on the site.
mattyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #4
Golden, Colorado
I just ordered a Rapid Air and 3 Quick Airs from Confluence. With a RapidAir in the front pocket of my PFD my hope is that it might give me a better chance of having the time to fiddle with getting the Quick Air tube out. Also, the RapidAir will work for a big water swim. My PFD already has a huge front pocket so I'm set, but if you don't have a pocket then Confluence has a pocket you can strap to your PFD.

I haven't decided where I'm going to stow the Quick Air yet. I was thinking about wrapping it around my waist under my PFD. I have a hard time reaching stuff behind me so if I stow it in my boat I am going to put part of it under the bungees between my legs that hold my water bottle. Ideally, I would like to grab it if I go for a swim.

The extra Quick Airs are to let paddle partners try them out and carry them when they paddle with me and to convince them to get one too.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #5
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
News Clip

Here's a clip from last night's CBS evening news showing the Quick Air. Click then click on Colorado Rivers stronger...

I keep my Quick Air in my pin kit. I keep my CPR pocket mask and ear plugs in my vest pocket. It might be nice if we could rig up some style of belt that might be able to be worth underneith your skirt up against you body. Something less likely to be pulled off you body if you swim or something so you don't have to store it in the boat.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote