Old 12-11-2007   #1
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Randy Kennedy Memorial

This came into the help desk today:

Randy Kennedy grew up across the street from me in Rome, GA and his sister, Linda, is one of my best friends. Neither Linda or Randy's mother have a computer and I am going print the comments for them to read. The stories and kind remarks will lift their spirits. Linda has asked me to let your readers know that the memorial service will be at an appropriate time during river season.

Brenda Greene

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #2
Rome, Georgia
A message from Randy's sister

I am Linda Kennedy Johansson - Randy's sister. At this time, I am using my friend Debye's computer knowledge as my knowledge is limited when it comes to computers.
Current plans are for a memorial service during river season in. It was Randy's request to have his ashes spread at Big South Fork of the Poudre River in Colorado. I am overwhelmed by your thoughts and words. We loved Randy and will miss him very much. I will be in Colorado late Dec. and hope to encounter as many of his friends as possible at that time. I willl have updates posted as news becomes available.

debyec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #3
Systems & Process Design, Colorado
Hi Linda...

I am not sure if you have seen the collection of pictures of Randy we have put together... there are about 50 and counting. You can see them at the following link Pictures of Randy

I am a good friend of Randy's and although I won't be back in town from the holidays until 1/1/2008 I would love to chat with you. Please feel free to e-mail me at

Randy was a fantastic guy... he is greatly missed by everyone who knew him.
alexhenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #4
Golden, Colorado

Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed. It means alot to us.

Randy was the most genuine guy I've ever met. I worked with him at Martin/Martin and had the pleasure of going on a kayak trip with him to Ecuador last year. He was always in such good cheer and so entertaining to be around. He is greatly missed already.

I am so sorry for you loss, but know that he was loved by all his friends here in Colorado.

blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #5
We are all so sorry for your loss. Your brother was the best. I am looking forward to meeting you at the memorial service. I will do my best to be there.

I have lots of good photos of Randy and the gang in Peru. Unfortunately they are slides. Maybe I can put together a slide show for the service? Mayabe I can scan some of them and e-mail them out? I'll look into it.

Tom R Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #6
Systems & Process Design, Colorado

Glad to hear you liked Randy's slideshow. If you end up scanning pictures of him please e-mail them to me and I will post them to my site. I have been collecting Randy shots from everyone.

My e-mail address is

Randy was a fantastic guy... I can't beleive he is gone. We will all miss him very much.

alexhenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #7
when is memorial service?

I'm so sad about Randy.

I want to go to memorial service, does anyone have details?
tfoster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #8
Well I just talked to Mary (as in Mary & John Matteson). Mary says Chris & Pam are planning a gathering for friends of Randy's to be either this coming Tuesday or maybe Monday at Southern Sun or Mountain Sun in Boulder. If anyone knows specifics, keep me posted or if you could get me in touch with Chris or Pam.
tfoster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #9
Amsterdam, Netherlands
hey Trace, i'm feeling your pain. i'm beating myself up for not spending more time with Randy when I had the chance. i miss him and can't believe i'll be going to the next Porcupine Tree show without him. i'll be there yelling his name!! he left some great memories for all of us to keep us warm on these chilly nights.

here's chris's email addy- i'll keep you in the loop when i hear more.
Peace Rando!!! -trev
"I would drag my balls across broken glass just to hear her fart into a walkie talkie" -Jay Drury
tboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #10
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: na
Randy was a good friend, good Engineer, quiet and dependable, and still the most adventurous person I have known. I hope he is enjoying his new adventures in his new and wonderful place.

Mike Barrett

Martin/Martin is offline   Reply With Quote