Old 12-28-2007   #21
Rome, Georgia
Long Lost Friend

My name is Melinda Hyde Holder. I went to school and grew up with Randy Kennedy....from 1st grade at Elm Street Elementary to West Rome High School. We graduated together in 1971. I will always remember Randy as such a shy, quiet, but very intelligent little boy---young man (who'd a thunk?). Of course, I lost track of him after high school, but when I saw the obituary in today's Rome News-Tribune, FLASHBACK! I couldn't help but google to find out what has happened in his life.....WHAT A SURPRISE to find what a wonderful life my friend lived!!!

Seems like yesterday (as Phyllis Cox said) that we all were together in school. He was a dear friend/companion and I will never forget him.

Thank you for the slideshow!!! It is so wonderful to see him so outgoing, accomplished, and living life to the fullest!

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Molder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #22
Ashland, Oregon
Hello all of Randy's friends. I am not a paddler and have just registered to share in the sadness of Randy's passing.

I met Randy when he moved to Boulder and were roommates. He had been a river and ski bum and decided to get a real job. That was about, what, 15 years ago or so. The last photo shoot I did for Outward Bound, I stayed with him for almost a month and he stored my life's possessions in his garage and little did he know that they would be there for over a year!

I last saw him about a year ago when I finally picked up my bike and boxes. His loss weighs heavy in my heart. I remember the gravity of the last hug we gave each other. He was and is as genuine as they come. Everything said in these posts is true. I miss him a lot. I miss not having met Jane, his girlfriend. We talked and wrote a lot about finding the right woman and I was happy to find out about his romance with Jane. Jane, wherever you are, my heart is with you as are my tears.

Whatever the beliefs are in this group of paddlers, one thing I am sure of. Randy is looking upon us as we grieve and wants each of us to live life to the fullest. Live and let live. Dance when you can. Ski when you can. Paddle when you can. Laugh. His passing hits me hard but his life gives me strength. He is a genuine reminder for me of living a life balanced between being responsible and having fun. Randy, I miss you very much. And I love you.

ralexander58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #23
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
Greetings and Happy New Year everyone,

We hope to see everyone this Saturday evening.

When: 5:00 pm Saturday January 5th

Where: CMC Clubroom, 633 South Boulder Rd.
Table Mesa Shopping Center
Above "Movie Gallery", around the corner from Neptune Mountaineering.
See the red spot on attached picture.
MapQuest: Map of 635 S Broadway St Boulder, CO by MapQuest

Food and beer will be provided (we'll put out a kitty to offset cost).

Please RSVP to me for a head count for food.

cjw is offline   Reply With Quote