Old 06-16-2014   #1
Paddling Since: 2009
Questions... So many questions

Where can I do demos? I live in Albuquerque New Mexico and often paddle the race course. I would like to try out some boats but dont know how to get my hands on them... Does anyone know if REI or Adobe White Water club do any demo days? Does REI or AWWC rent kayaks for the day?

and this leads me to my next question which I would love if people chimed in on... Which boat should I get? (If I dont get my hands on demos)

I currently paddle an old school Frankenstein. I paddle III+ IVish stuff. I like what my boat does but it cant boof and has a very unforgiving low volume build. (this leaves me underwater and at the mercy of the current. thank god I can roll) I really like to ferry, play, carve eddies and STAY DRY. I was looking in to the Remix, Stomper, mamba, Karma, Recon, and Zen. the remix is at the top of my list but I want to know how it will handle waterfalls. Does the Remix have place for gear or is the back pretty tight?

I guess I should also ask; Which boat would best handle upper cherry creek or the little white salmon?
mark_vanis is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bored - check this trailer. EG profile = many many many waterfalls + dope style RiverWrangler Whitewater Kayaking 5 01-24-2011 08:56 PM
OT - How many forum members does it takes to change a light rivermanryan Whitewater Kayaking 3 10-28-2004 02:37 PM
Wavesport Forplay for sale with many extras!!!! vailkid Whitewater Kayaking 0 08-16-2004 02:48 AM
too many really cool boats asherj Kayaking | Gear Talk 2 04-29-2004 09:21 PM
How many kayakers also climb? Cutch Whitewater Kayaking 4 02-05-2004 04:17 PM

» Classified Ads
*!* Pyranha S6 200 with...

posted by MaxwellSilverKayak

Pyranha S6 200 playboat for sale. Great for larger...

Dagger Mamba Creeker 7.6...

posted by Rendezvous River Sports

Pyranha S6F

posted by CFriday

2008 Pyranha S6F. Stopped paddling in 2008, been stored in...