Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-07-2011   #21
Lakewood, Colorado
Originally Posted by openboat View Post
I wasn't aware of this book, and will get it. However, by looking at the description, it goes way beyond Colorado, which probably limits the amount of description possible per river. In addition, what may make it different from the other book is that it seems to limit the river descriptions to only whitewater stretches. Some of us folks like a mellow stretch from time to time, too. I'm sure there is room for both titles in today's market. Thanks for the heads up.
The thing is ginormous but is still probably 70%+ Colorado. It has the flatwater stretches as well. It is everything CRC is and then a lot more. You need it.

To the OP: The nice thing about Colorado is that while our paddling season may be a little short, there is always something running if you have to get wet. But when the season is not at its peak, we have outstanding mountain biking, hiking, camping, skiing, ice climbing, and rock climbing. I put kayaking at the top of my list of favorite things to do but never find myself moping around when there isn't water. So much else to do. When boating season is over that means most of the snow is gone and the high elevation mountain bike rides open up. Once you've had your fill of those it's starting to cool off again and rock climbing season is prime. Fall is the perfect time to ride the desert. Once it gets cold the skiing and ice climbing come back, and then spring starts it all over. The best part is you can always run up to Shoshone on one of the mid-January 65 degree days if you're jonesin.

There is a reason that most people that come here, stay here.

mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote