Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-09-2005   #1
Boulder, Colorado
question re: Labyrinth Canyon on the Green River

Hey all,

Now that the kayaking season is starting to wind down, I am bringing out the canoe that's been gathering dust all season!

Have any of you been on the Labyrinth Canyon section of the Green River? (Green River to Mineral Bottom, 59 miles of flatwater)

We did it last year in 4 days but we're going to take 9 days to do the section this time- we want to hike up some of the side canyons and explore a bit more!

So, my question is, have any of you done any of the side hikes from Labyrinth Canyon? Where should we go? We've seen Crystal Geyser, and I think I heard there were petroglyphs up horseshoe canyon somewhere, so we already know about those... Details on the petroglyphs woul be great, as would be any other cool things to see.

Thanks for your help!

Camiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #2
I have done both Labyrinth and Stillwater. My group did Labyrinth last sept. We spent a whole day hiking in 3-canyon, it's a spot where Powell stopped, very nice spots back up in there. We bushwacked are way into Junes bottom and found the old boiler and cabin remains.
Get Belknaps Canyonlands river guide.
We went down in Sea kayaks, spent 5 days on the river with one hiking day in 3 canyon
Crystal Geyser was great, it went off while we were getting ready to start our trip, very impressive.

kayakrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off