Old 12-13-2005   #1
Question For Drysuit Users

How important is it to have a tunnel?

Riverhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #2
Mad Scientist/Creeker
If you are kayaking I would say VERY important. Otherwise you're going to leak WAY more water through the top of your skirt into your kayak then you would normally. For rafting, you might say, well fuck it, but eventually after rafting for long enough you are going to realize that you want to kayak or at least just look like one and then you are going to want the tunnel. Good Luck

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #3
Yeah, I guess I should have said that my question had to do with kayaking. Thanks for the input.
Riverhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #4
my drysuit was a gift (thanks again horn) and it doesn't have a tunnel. it does let in some extra water. however, i paddle the dagger kingsieve most of the time, so the extra water is really not that big of a deal compared to the standard in-boat downpour. if you are used to a dry boat it might bum you out. my creeker is drier, and i have to empty it more, but my bod stays toasty dry. i'm boating in comfort all winter, so i'm stoked. hornberger rules! greetings from WA.
mccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #5
it dosn't make that much difference if any. i have a tunnle on my dry sute and i would not get another one with a tunnel it just makes it harder to get in and out of without making the boat any drier at the end of the day. look at how the works it has to have a place to let the zipper go through so it leaks weather there is a tunnel or not. the best thing to get in a dry suit would be socks instead of ankel gaskets and always get the releaf zipper worth every penny.
bill is offline   Reply With Quote