Old 05-07-2004   #1
Confluence Watersports Sales rep
PWOP update (Hey Mike Harvey)

That's Paddle without the Pros!
Well I've just returned to the playboating center of the universe (at least in August) for the weekend. I've been all over the state and paddled with alot of CO boaters. I'm fully immpressed with the quality of play paddlers out there and level of excitement that this sports creates.
My last stop was in my old haunt of Steamboat Springs. I spent well over a decade paddling/living in that town and while the creeking is outstanding there was never any real play boating short of Cross Mtn. Then when I leave for a little forced term on the east coast in the corporate world, they build the best darn play hole in the state. Alot of towns now have sweet play parks (most notably Salida in August for the married with children worshippers of low water crowd) but the paddlers in the Boat were the most fun, ripping the sweetest feature with a hot spring flowing into the eddy to warm your hands crowd. All of whom are now totally pissed at me for touting their hole and potentially crowding it further by making this post.

Plus there was this weird little boat without labels, must have been a prototype, that some were refering to as the mini-EZG that had the girls making the boys lag in the eddy with their tongues wagging...

Hey Harvey, let's plot and scheme for a little Mother's day weekend paddling!!!

Joel@WaveSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #2
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Steamboat does have some sweet paddling...I'll give you that. I know all about it because my back is still sore from screeing concrete up there this fall on the Dhole for no pay.

However the water is up is Salida this morning so I am planning a little paddle without the pros around lunch time. I might even paddle without the pros on Lake Creek later on this weekend. Or maybe I will ride my mnt. bike on one of the many epic single tracks that are two minutes from my office...or skate in the Salida Skatepark which is a block from my office...or ski a peak off Monarch Pass (20 minute drive) or maybe I will just sit around and be bummed about living in such a crappy paddle town.

Oh well I can always dream of Steamboat...

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #3
Confluence Watersports Sales rep
Love you man!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey can you wait until 1:30 ish and I'll go too. I'm working in the office while on baby duty until then.
Give me a shout maybe on the phone so all the buzzards don't have to watch us play out this ridiculous charade.

Sittin around huh? Harsh Harvey.
Joel@WaveSport is offline   Reply With Quote