Old 06-30-2013   #11
Old Guy in a PFD
Tucson, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1967
Originally Posted by rawmilk View Post
Ran it in a 14' cat at 525 and hit in acouple spots, but could have been paying closer attention.. Prolly a bit boney at 496 but doable..

Man people get kinda grumpy on this site and I dont know why!? That is what this section of this site is for, is asking questions and learning! If you dont have interest in the thread, then dont say anything!
Schutzie apologizes.............did not mean to sound grumpy. Just that at low water this stretch is........uninspirirng. More acceptable stretches like the North Platte, Arkansas, Glenwood, and so on.

Any day on the river is better than a good day in the City, but if you're gonna put out the effort, get the best bang for the to speak!

Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #12
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Originally Posted by Tim Kennedy View Post
Really!? I agree with Schutzie. If you know anything about water management in Colorado, you must know that this section will rise later in the summer. As the Roaring Fork and Eagle drop, the Releases from Green Mtn, Williams Fk and Wolford will increase to meet the water rights needs downstream.

I'm sorry for ranting, but this has been covered in many threads already. I'm getting a little tired of seeing Upper C flow related threads every other day.
This poster asked a fair question about running the Upper C at this level - not where the water comes from. He didn't ask about "later in the summer", because he had plans for today, and had never run it this low.

I posted the other thread about the Upper C a few days ago (and I know where the water comes from - I wasn't asking that, either), because I hadn't seen Kara on the site recently and was asking if anyone had any updates as to release schedules, because I had family coming in from out of town soon and wanted to take them down. Someone who texted with Kara and was evidently less fatigued of Upper C questions was kind enough to reply to that post. I'm not apologizing for asking.

Beardance42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #13
silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Good to go and hit the hot springs.......I've done it at 300ish 14' paddle boat, 7 passengers, 2 coolers of beer,1 bag o wine, 1 golden doodle and did not get stuck anywhere.
miahski2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #14
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
they really could just sticky an Upper C info thread down in the Trip Planner section and be done with it. easy to read, find, add and refer people to. I'm pretty sure there has been a thread for every CFS level in 5 cfs increments from 200 to 3000 on this board for that run. add in the BLM river map pdf and how to dodge the one rock in a riffle on the river for the entire stretch,eye of the needle, and it's pretty much covered for all times.

just a thought.
upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #15
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
How about not clicking on an Upper C thread if you don't want to see a thread about the Upper C?
Seems like a pretty easy solution.
Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #16
Ditto....I will read every thread regarding my home run.
Others do too.
leo_amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013   #17
Loveland, Colorado
Beardance42 is right! I haven't had much to report so far this season. My apologies, you guys: this year's run-off was unexciting to say the least. I've started a new thread, though. Things look to change this week. Won't know how much until Wednesday. Stay tuned!

Kara Lamb
Public Information
Eastern Colorado Office
Bureau of Reclamation
(970) 962-4326
klamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013   #18
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Matty: Couldnt agree more!
rawmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013   #19
Evergreen, Co.
Paddling Since: 2000
It was all good in a 16footer loaded w three adults and four kids last weekend w current flows. The only thing that could have made it better was DSO waiting for us at State Bridge...oh wait, they were! And they killed it!
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013   #20
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
sadly, this thread is no longer relevant as the flows have dropped to 474 cfs. someone should start a new thread called "Pumphouse to Radium at 474 cfs".

upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote