Old 08-11-2005   #11
Bro Bra Blah Blah Blah
Lakehood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 99
Send a message via AIM to K2boater
Bizzle, its on !!!!

and ass licker??? your a freak !!!!

not sure if thats what you do to your brother in the off season or what.

you going paddle gore or have an excuse like Crane???

K2boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #12
Lewiston, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1997
BOC and RMA rent rafts for (I think) $150 for the first day $25 for each day after that...
RMA is in Fort Collins.

alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #13
Kick Ass. I just found an overnight rental for a 14' oar rig at Colorado River Center for $100. And they're located right there.
Andy H, you reading this or do I need to go to the other thred to gloat?
bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #14
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Yo Bigboater,

Honestly, I'm glad to see that you decided to throw down and take the folks on a river trip! AND as far as I know you found as good a deal as you'll get anywhere near the Front range or elsewhere. Killer deal!

As for flow levels, I've run it down to about 400 cfs so you'll be fine. Back during the worst of the drought, we just had to do like Slavic men have done for centuries - lower our standards...

Have fun!

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #15
Golden, Colorado
Originally Posted by jeffreyl
I wouldn't waste my time at current flows. My lower limit with a raft is 700 cfs and even then it's bony and a long float to Rancho. Save your cash.
dude, i ran it at 225cfs in a 13ft raft. There was only 1 spot where you had to line the raft. No hang ups beyond that... just some fancy rowing every now and then.

Plenty-o- wawa
bkp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #16
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
You will be fine, I went down last weekend with full camping gear, coolers, and even fire wood and only got stuck once because I changed my mind of where I wanted to go and got stuck. I was going to say colorado river center, but I think it looks like you found that. If you are interested in camping, send me an e-mail to dave(at-sign) and I'll send you a PFD document of the BLM guide that has the camp sites marked on the map. Er, I mean PDF file.

There isn't too much white water, lots of flat water, a few small rapids, one that you may have to row a little bit for, but not much. It is a fun "booze cruise" camping/fishing/floating run if you aren't going with the intention of running much interesting whitewater. Also, your shoulder muscles will be ripped by the end of the trip if you row the afternoon flatwater headwinds! Might be worth renting a ducky or something to keep things interesting for your parents.

P.S. Be aware that anywhere you camp with have train traffic at night, so if you have any light sleepers who will be grumpy....
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #17
Paddling Since: 1994
ditto on the afternon headwinds. had a paddler break a finger because of those bastards

zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote