Old 01-06-2012   #11
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
[QUOTE=clinks;258615]If you've got an NRS frame, ditch the loom straps and go this route: Pontillo Furniture Concepts - Ash And Quartersawn Oak Deck For NRS Raft Frame

Very nice looking decks. A real piece of River artwork. What's the price on those? Does the price include the U-bolts? Would work well if you never change your frame set-up. I tinker with mine every so often, so a fixed deck like that wouldn't work for me. I use 2 sets of the NRS 3 foot side rail racks on my 14 ft. cat, and run loop straps to hold stuff down. I added a metal bar to the back/side of my Pelican box that I carry my camera in so that I can secure it with 2 cam straps to the deck without interfering with my access to it on the fly. I'm not a big fan of ammo cans on my boat. Been gashed by those bad boys too many times. My repair kit & first aid are in Pelicans.

cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #12
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
I'm the same. Tinker too much to use fixed decks. I've made some custom cedar "trays" out of planed cedar fenceboard. They fit inside the rails just outside my cooler. These provide convenient strap points for my pelicans

Each ammo can weighs about 20lbs. A pelican 1550 (comparable inside dims) weighs about 10. I drilled pin mounts in the rib so the cases can be strapped down yet still opened. I use one for the lid on my ecosafe and the other holds everclear.

I have a couple of 1520's (tsa carryons) with lid organizers. A pair of these holds all the cooking gear (minus stove and pots) but organizes well as a kitchen box

I use a large popcorn tin that holds my ashes. I can set in shallow water to snuff out / cool the ashes without warping the tin. Next morning i place the tin in a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma lid

I use the ecosafe without an ammo can

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #13
Boise, Idaho
I have a pulse system on my nrs frame. It is very secure but anything is possible in a flip. I change my frame setup quite a bit from daytrip, fishing setup, to a 4 bay system. It makes it nice having the boxes available for easy access depending on what I am running.

mora2818 is offline   Reply With Quote