Old 12-08-2009   #1
Gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Puerto Rico whitewater??

Has anyone paddled in Puerto Rico? I'm spending the winter on the island and curious about river beta....

ricoswagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #2
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I was just there on my way to the BVI's... I looked for info before I left and didn't find much.

Puerto Rico, white water
American Whitewater - PR State Rivers
Whitewater rapids in Puerto Rico? - Yahoo! Answers

I did get in a kayak, though it was a sea kayak... Check out the biolumeninescent lagoon near Fajardo and go at low tide and a new moon... pretty amazing. The one Vieques is supposed to good too, but we didn't make it over to the island in the short time our gang was there.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #3
[QUOTE=lmaciag;167551]I was just there on my way to the BVI's... I looked for info before I left and didn't find much.

Puerto Rico, white water
American Whitewater - PR State Rivers
Whitewater rapids in Puerto Rico? - Yahoo! Answers

there is a ton of shit in P.R. lots of it real steep. Theres a doctor in New Mexico who ran a bunch of it years ago. Adam Putnam..... he is the cat who skiied OB off of some place in New Mex and got lost for a couple days... 2-3 years ago. Find that dude and get the 411

I know Kashi bar didn't see anything except some glowing bugs and the bottom of a bottle
nemi west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #4
Golden, Colorado
Oh my GOD. A whole winter in Puerto Rico? Forget about kayaking. That is like getting sent to Hawaii for a winter and asking where the kayaking is.

Winter is surf season in PR and they have world class waves for sure. Off of the north shore is one of the deepest sea trenches on earth (deep water = hell yeah for surf).

If I got sent there for a winter the first thing I would do is think that god must love me a lot and I would say thank you jesus. Then I would surf EVERY day for the whole winter. Even if you don't surf... forget about kayaking and learn how to surf. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote