Old 05-01-2005   #1
Pueblo WW Park Grand Opening

This coming Saturday May 7th will be the official grand opening of the Pueblo WW Park from 10-4!

I've been in contact with Bob from the Edge Paddle Shop (who we should all thanks for making this park a reality) and it sounds like a great time this weekend. There will be demo's available from most major companies and the flows should be good for Saturday.

As I understand it, the 60yr avg flow down there is 15-1700 CFS! The park consists of 8 well spaced drops making it very user friendly for boaters of all types. I don't know what they're going to release for the grand opening but I suspect it'll be more than what's flowing now.

We'll be down there with our demos on Saturday as well so be sure to come down and say hello. On your way home you can stop by our new C. Springs location at Constitution & Acadamy!

See you in Pueblo on Saturday!

ALPENGLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #2
Thanks for the info.

Can you post a map that shows clearly how to get from the freeway exit to the parking area?

Also, can you post a link to the flow page?

cstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #3
Directions to Pueblo WW Park & flow link

Take 25 south to Pueblo's 6th St. west exit. Go to Santa Fe (the 1st st) and make a left. Go to 4th St. (2 blks?) and make a right. Go over the river & make a left by the Palace Chinese Restaurant and go all the way to the upper dirt lot to park. Should be pretty obvious when you get there.

It'a also the very first site you see on the Mtn Buzz flows page.

Old 05-01-2005   #4
Alternate directions

Here's alternate directions:

I-25 to the 1st street exit (9
Head west a take a left onto Union Street
(I believe this is the 2nd street that intersects. The first, with a light, is Main. Union St. doesn't have a light.)
Follow Union until you cross the river.
(NOTE: if you need any gear you'll find The Edge on your right in the first? buildings on that side of the road... there's a restuarant next to it and parking there)
After you cross the river, take your first right. This is Corona Street
It follows the bottom of the course for a bit.
Stay right at the fork just before the park
At the end of the park, there's an intersection. Go straight (dirt road) to the parking lot

anne_colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #5
Socratic Philosopher
Forecast flow is around 800cfs. It was alot of fun at 620 in March, so I'm looking forward to the additional water.
Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late. The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder. I'm an over forty victim of fate.
el gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #6
Looks like the release for tomorrow has begun. It's at 560 and rising. Should be a great time.

See you all there tomorrow!