Old 04-20-2006   #1
Engineer, Vail
Pueblo still flowing low???

I'm heading down to Pueblo tommorrow to hopefully get some practice in before the sat. event, but the flow is still at like 50 cfs. Does anyone know when they are going to start releasing, or should I plan on bringing the fishing rod tommorrow?

kakahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #2
Photographer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey Kaka,

Glad to hear that you are coming for Saturday's Ice Breaker. It should be a blast! I am afraid that flows may not come up much before Saturday however due to local drought conditions. You are welcome to come down today and see if things improve during the afternoon. Unfortunately we can't promise you anything. But do feel free to stop by The Edge and say "Hi" to Bob and Jay. The store is on Union Avenue just blocks from the river and you can get in touch with them at 719 583.2021.

This may also help shed some light on the flows.

Look forward to seeing you and everyone else Saturday.

"You gotta fight for your right to paddle!"
bkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #3
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
Talked to Bob at the Edge on Wed. and from what I understand, they're not going to start releasing water until later this evening. I doubt the flow will be all that great today....supposed to be atleast 600 by tomorrow might be worth a looksie around dinner time though. Probably back down to 200-400 on Sunday.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #4
Loveland, Colorado
Hi All,

Just to confirm, the story in the Chieftain and what everyone has been saying here on the Buzz so far is about right.

The State called us this morning and had us put an additional 35 cfs in the river. It's running at about 109 cfs out of Pueblo Dam right now. We are literally waiting by the phone for the State to call with the bump up. We aren't sure how much it is going to be when the call finally comes, but have heard the same rumors.

I won't be at work when the call comes, but sounds like you all have plenty of info sources. Have fun down there!

Kara Lamb
Public Information
Eastern Colorado Office
Bureau of Reclamation
(970) 962-4326
klamb is offline   Reply With Quote