Old 09-20-2007   #11
Sounds to me like you better check the chemical levels in that new pool, might be a bit low on the pH scale! Just kidding...As the new "pool guy" at the new complex at UCCS, I have to give you some sh*t about the new digs. Come on down and practice your squirts on the eddyline of our new vortex pool

I would be interested to hear their argument for not letting you bring your other boats into the pool though...

Tim - UCCS "pool guy"

TimmyHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #12
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
they dont want to risk getting algae or anything into the new system (which already broke down once over the summer), even though we offered to clean all the boats really well, and allow them to dry for 48 hours +, they still said no, so we told them they need to buy us all new pool gear, and luckily, the new Rec center did, new boats, skirts, paddles, pfd's and helmets (pfd's and helmets for the kayaking class). But the club will eventually inherit the gear, in a few years

b dash rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #13
Golden, Colorado
Originally Posted by b dash rian View Post
they dont want to risk getting algae or anything into the new system (which already broke down once over the summer), ...
That is lame that they are worried about what might come in from the river. They should think about all the little kids that barely know how to wipe their ass that jump in with about half an inch of old shit in their crack.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #14
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
true story, was at the swim pool when all of the sudden there was this log i swear i though it was a tree branch or something, swimming over to me i was like what the fuck than i realized it just cam from the 90 year old women trying to do water arobics what the fuck, bigger than my fucking rist! don't swim around old jeriatrics that have uncontrollable bowell movements.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #15
Woody Creek, Colorado
I'm curious...were the boats two tone or solid color?
Drew Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #16
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
boats are solid color, the 62's are yellow and the 52's are green, if the color has anything to do with it

we put foam under the seat of one of the 62's, as thats where it was oilcanned. The others, however, are not oil canned under the seat, but rather in front or behind the seat. The one 52 is canned really badly about 8 inches in front of where the seat ends. Any insight on this?
b dash rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #17
it definitely hinders the tracking and overall performance. Probably not that noticeable since it happens gradually.
The worst thing about oil canning is that as it gets worse, it will eventually crack. I think putting boats hull down on a roof rack causes a hull to oil can.

N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote