Old 11-15-2010   #11
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I think part of it is, the really good gear is more memorable. If you drop $500+ on something, and end up liking it, you are more likely to review it. If you spent $20 on a crappy pair of booties, you just get something better and move on. Writing a review takes time and effort, so why should you waste it on something that wasted your time and money?

With that said, I thought back to gear I didn't like, and posted a bad review for something. It was nothing big, and most people here probably already know to avoid it.

Kendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #12
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Sorry, but in no way shape or form am I connected with IR and all I can say is that is a great company. I have had three skirts (sold one) and both still are great. Thick skin is the shit, Union suit gets me harder than Katie Perry. I have an X-jacket and a Comp jacket and both leak about as much or less than any other top I have tried including my Kokatat Drysuit (which I love). The best part of IR is their custy service. Fixed a tear in my X for free including shipping, got it back quick. Told them that my guide shorts were too big and they put a dart in them for free (forgot I have 3 pairs of those). I don't have a lot of money so when I spend it I make sure that it will last or be well represented by the custy service.

I even have a IR T-shirt and it does what it is supposed to do. Lets my head come out the top at the big hole and a hole for both arms, plus it allows for my torso to come out the bottom. Also covers my rippling 8 pack so Tom J's mom doesn't cream.

Bomber gear pogies
All good

Have yet to find a boat that doesn't break

I am going to write up a honest review of the Biscuit here over Thanksgiving Break so I will let you know

970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #13
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
teva gnars are lame sauce they will die on you if you go to cali. Mine have less sole than hole and they're about a year old. Weak titz
Cinnamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #14
Tempe, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1980
Some gear I love...
Bomber dry jackets are awesome, they work for many years. Built tough.
NRS Desparado booties rock.
Werner bent shaft carbon rocks too.
seangar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #15
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Gear loved: Patagonia Neptune Dry top. Never has leaked and still on original gaskets. Freaky how long that thing has held up.

Gear that disapointed: only thing I can think of is NRS gloves.

Thing that disapoints most: When the party I'm with pisses off the west water ranger and he makes us sit aound all day for lecture.
Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #16
Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
The only thing I have found to work well by NRS is their Toaster Mitts.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #17
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Some more bad gear: AT4 paddles (now called G anc C series), both carbon and plastic shaft broke early. NRS triton fabric, used in Flux top etc. lasted 45 river days before delaminating.

Loved: NRS toaster mitts, but love my Level Six mitts more. Bomber Gear Dry top. Grateful Heads helmets
eklars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #18
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Mountainsurf skirts are awesome. First one lasted 10+ years, second one looks brand new and does not leak after 4 years and fits all my creek and play boats.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #19
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Mountain Surf

Yes, I had a handle pull off one once, and they just sent me to the shop and said to pull one off the shelf. That is customer service at it's finest!!
Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #20
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
prijon pure. best all around creek boat i've paddled. 80% of the speed of the remix. Turns faster. Boofs faster. Holds an edge. Feels like a real creek boat. Plenty of volume. No back pillar= plenty of storage. The plastic really is so much better. You can feel it when you slide over rocks. The downsides: it weighs more than it should because there are a lot of unnecessary holes and bolts. The outfitting is also kind of weird. 1300 is a lot for a boat but it'll last 3 times as long as other boats.

Cinnamonster is offline   Reply With Quote