Old 06-12-2007   #21
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Update to my previous post...the Air Force has just approved LASIK for all pilots, so I guess they aren't worried about the altitude problems or pulling 9 G's and having your corneal flaps fall off...or losing them when you eject at 500mph....

funkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #22
Three Rivers, California
Paddling Since: 2002
I had PRK done in fall '05. My vision was really bad, legally blind without glasses and at best saw 20/25 with contacts or wearing glasses. The healing time was a bit longer for me, for a month I could see moderately well while it slowly improved, PRK can take as long as 3 months to see the final results, which for me are 20/25 and I loooove it. With PRK you also only have to wait two weeks to get back on the water, because there is nothing to knock loose. I think I paid around 3k to have it done, one of those things where I didn't want to go low budget

I did want LASIK originally, but they switched me to PRK because my astigmatism was so bad there was a chance my eye would totally loose shape when they made the deeper cut for the flap.

darinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #23
Love it too!

I had PRK about 2 months ago. I chose PRK because it is a bladeless surgery and the results are typically more successful. I also chose PRK because with Lasik you need to stay out of the water for up to 3 months. With PRK you are back in action after 2 weeks. I chose a clinic in Vancouver, Canada because my surgeon had more experience, the latest equipment and it was half the price. I highly recommend PRK.
criddle b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #24
Amsterdam, Netherlands
yeah i did PRK and it was great. you're out of commision for three days. get AWSEOME sleeping pills so those three days were about the most relaxing days of my life. you wake up and everythings all trippy and shinny and lights have a cool aura around them. but unfortunatly that wears off in a month or so.

"I would drag my balls across broken glass just to hear her fart into a walkie talkie" -Jay Drury
tboner is offline   Reply With Quote