Old 08-06-2014   #1
Poudre below 2.3?

2.5 ft is lowest I've paddled Poudre and its been a few years. How low can you still have fun on Mish to BTO or sections thereof?

treewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #2
It's all about what you consider fun. People run it under 1', I don't really venture to the lower canyon below 4.

Nathan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #3
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
Depends on your skill level of course. Lower mishawaka is not too great below 3 feet, same goes for poudre park but it's a little better. Upper mish is good for the most part. Pine view is always tons of fun. Bridges is meh, definitely at a flow for those who want to break out of filter plant.

It's a lower flow, it won't be as wild as high flows. Nonetheless, upper m. to BTO is a great afternoon for those in the class 3-4 range. This is coming from someone who's only started to get into class 4's this summer. (I'm very comfortable with pineview at this flow, it's more like a 3+ or 4- right now)

It'll be rough below 2' though. Especially lower mish, it gets pretty shallow.
Rocky_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014   #4
Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Gnarrows is super fun at this level.
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014   #5
the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
i would say the answer depends on 2 things: do you live in town, and how badly do you want to get on the water?

i wouldn't drive very far to boat the poudre at that level, except for the narrows. great level for those stretches. pineview/bridges is a pretty decent run at that flow. most of upper mish is alright. lower mish and some of poudre park are boat abuse.
By the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.
the_dude is offline   Reply With Quote