Old 04-23-2006   #1

This river is the ultimate front range trip if you can get off work early during the week. There is little agreement as to where to meet if you do not have a boating partner. I have often been required to run solo because of this. At the kern; where I learned to kayak, everyone met at the park in kensville in the morning and hooked up for anything from class 2 to suicidal. We met in morning because this was not an after work run; as it was to far from LA. Unfortunately, there is no coordinated trip pick up location for unplanned trips on the Poudre. I propose a 1:3O to 3.00 am meeting time at the bridges take-out for all interested boaters this year once the great P rises. This is generaly directed at those boaters who do not have anyone to boat with when driving up. Perhaps we will find a more communal attitude like I saw on the western coast as far as joining up with folks. perhaps not.

festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #2
sounds like a great idea, but how about 1:30 to 3:00 PM instead, I'm not much of a morning person. ha ha

leadpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #3
beer and typing don't mix.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #4
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Ted's Place (the Conoco station at the turnoff for C0-14 at the mouth of the canyon) has been the traditional meeting spot for as long as I have known. BTO is an OK spot but the lot can get overrun with busses & rubber barges.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote