Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 11-16-2005   #21
lotsa, what the f*ck are you doing trolling right now. I just faxed you something much more important.

All you other dudes. Chill out. Your all doing the same things, looking for ways to have fun. Exploring nature, getting out there and sharing info.

Hasn't everyone realized, you shouldn't allow your feelings to get hurt on a forum.

You all gotta learn to 'brush your shoulders off'.

TG-what did you do with your sled?

JJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #22
ps. I think Prime Time is a great example of what might be the best 1/4 mile in colorado, but has a really bad log, that we must get outta there. cause that 1/4 mile always makes me smile.

JJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #23
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
ps. canyon creek-crazy steep-clean-scary. props to jed, toby and little dave for getting this one done.
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #24
Originally Posted by yetigonecrazy
okay, heres my response to this:

Todd- i dont accept your apology at all, nor was my "tempert tantrum out of line"....you personally ripped on myself and my abilities with your statement about "being a safety issue". Thats a direct insult to me, and i dont take that kindly. and for your information, i dont just look at a map and some photos. if you had actually read my posts, you would find out i take EVERYTHING into consideration when talking about a new run. Length, Gradient, Local geology, local flora, other runs in the area, drainage basin size, etc. I dont just look at a map and say "this looks good". its an exhaustive process that i go through. i say "POTENTIAL" because that means theres POSSIBLY something there, and maybe there isnt. and if you know something isnt, how about instead of being a dick and saying "you think all these runs are awesome, and they aint".....drop a line and say "yo, such and such doesnt go". im not young and in need or learning; i have full confidence in my method. You are the one in need of something, and thats a damn ego check. dont even call me grasshopper or tell me i need to learn shit again. thats whack shit right there. as for other runs in other states, why should we settle for what we have in CO? theres plenty of sick lines left in this state that are un-run, and im sorry if you dont think so. i dont want to leave my beautiful state, and if dont have to, then im not going to. some of us arent spoiled enough to get to go scout shit by helicopter or find new runs in the british columbia wilderness. thats why i stay here.

so basically, you go do your thing, and ill do mine- but dont even f'ing rip on myself or my skills again, because that shit is not cool. i used to have a lot of respect for you. the 1st d on tatlow was sick. but after this, im now going to view you as egotistical and arrogant. a simple "hey man, i looked at wolf creek, it probably wouldnt ever go" would work, not the post you left. You may think otherwise, but you totally have that attitude of an "extreme" boater. just because you are a V+ boater and im a III boater doesnt mean i dont know whats going on, and when you tell me what you told me, sorry "bro", you did disrespect me, and thats what pisses me off the most.

this isnt directed at anyone except ToddG, so please, nobody else get involved. Yes, ToddG has mad talent, and yes, he will run stuff that i probably wont, but he still insulted me personally and continues to do so, and even if he was steve fuckin fisher id still react the same way. so please, stop assuming i dont know shit, and take your accusations and insults someplace else.
yeti you need to check yourself because im pretty sure you need to learn your place in the boating community and as of right now your a rookie. And your giving paddlers from gunnie a bad name. So when you have been paddling for more than than half your life then you can talk shit espically ToodG becasue he is a really smart person, trust me i know! SO CHILL OUT and trust me on this one drop this argument.
kurfothich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #25
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
Are there any new waves yeti knows about? Im down to listen

Ben Guska
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #26
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
w/o knowing either of these guys--i would say yeti may be guilty of being overly enthusiastic. [not a bad thing] i would say todd was guilty of being a cocky dick. the boating community is full of both types. i would enjoy meeting and boating with either of you, be it class 3 play or class 5 business. next issue...
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #27
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Will you paddle with me??? I can swim class II but I can swim real fast! Plus I really really really like doing it. really, really!!

Yeah, what he said
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #28
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
sure waterboy--how about another "clean" run down the lower narrows? seriously-- it's pretty good that that is the only thing i can think of to give you $hit about. how's the fam? another on the way yet?
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #29
ski/kayak bum

you can swim!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? sounds perfect for a new adventure...talk to those peeps on the CU swim team...apparently they can swim/tube anything.....

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #30
Just for the record, I was joking about the dynamite thing, hence the good book reference.

Fight less, drink more.

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote