Old 11-28-2005   #1
Pools... open sessions... where?

Can someone tell me the places/pools, times, details in general, that are open CURRENTLY to kayakers...

Denver, Vail, Glenwood... anyone have some info?

Anyone have connections at any hotels/properties that keep heated pools year round?

How bout a late night paddle session at The Ritz in Beaver Creek... I'm sure they'd love that and I hear it's a damn nice pool... the week after that maybe Aspen?

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #2
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Check this thread out...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #3
Yeah, saw that one, was kind of hoping for some more options, maybe some closer to Glenwood, but thanks.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #4
Breckenridge is every Sunday at 6:30pm. $5 plus day fee or membership. Think Silverthorne does 2nd and 4th Tuesday but not sure.
mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #5
Moab, Utah
glenwood rec center (by the new target) had pool sessions last year, i think a couple nights per week. cost was $8, but i can't remember the nights (seemed sunday or monday was one of them). they are bad about posting the schedule on their website, so you have to call them to find out what days. they have a big pool, and limit the number of boats to 15 (and it did fill up occasionally). you also get to ride the water slide, although without your boat.

also, there were limited chances to use the pool at the avon rec center. the best way "in" is to call alpine quest sports of edwards (previously alpine kayak of avon) to see if they had any vacancies in their classes. if they had room, you could attend with them for around $10 or $15 (instead of the class fee). i don't know if avon opened the pool at other times, but call alpine as they should know the scoop.

best available for the vail valley. later.
pbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #6
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Avon was open on Saturday nights for regular non-lesson kayak pool sessions. I think there was a fee of around $10 or something. Not sure if you also have to pay a seperate entry fee for not being a member, as I haven't gone to it.

This was during the kayak season, it may or may not be still going, I would call. Info is at

Like Philip said, Alpine Quest probably knows too, and may have some lessons or sessions lined up. (Alpine Kayak + Mountain Quest = Alpine Quest)

Ritz pool would be bitchin! Maybe if you made friends with the hot springs pool people... That would be pretty cool, I would go for that.

WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote