Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 01-18-2011   #1
Boise, Idaho
Pool Sessions in Boise Idaho - Interest in Starting One?

Hey all you Boise boaters...

If you're like me and you're itching to boat, but you can't afford an international trip and you're not quite geared up or polished for winter boating, then we need to get together and try to get a regular pool session going.

I know that the Y and Cascade usually has a pool session, but apparently not until April... same thing with the Boise State rec... That's 3 long months of winter boredom.

I found out that some boaters in Twin Falls rent a pool once a week and have managed to get enough interest to make it regular and inexpensive.

I'd be interested in looking into this and seeing if it's possible, either through the City, through the Y, or through a club at Boise State. But we'd probably need to have about 10 or 15 people to keep it cheap enough to keep interest once a week.

Anyone here in the Boise area that would be interested?

Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011   #2
Grand Junction, Colorado
I'd be interested. Check you private messages.

Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011   #3
Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
Nampa Recreation Center
Wednesday nights, something like 6:30-9:00pm (7-9 is a safe bet) in the lap pool. I also think they might have a Saturday morning session (like 9-noon) But I would call the center to verify before making the drive out. 208. 468-5777

Pay entrance to the Recreation Center (maybe 6 bucks) and you get access to 3 basketball courts, a weight room, 6 racquetball courts, all the aerobic equipment you can imagine, a track, and something like five swimming pools, hot tub, sauna, steam room. The kayaking takes place in the lap pool and I'm often the only paddler there.

When it was built in like 1993, the Nampa Recreation Center was considered one of the best in the nation. It's still a great facility.
Favre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011   #4
Grand Junction, Colorado
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011   #5
Boise, Idaho
Thanks Micah. It might have to work if I can't get something set up here in Boise.
Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote