Old 09-21-2006   #1
Edwards, Colorado
Politics and Whitewater in Avon, CO

WARNING: Post contains political viewpoints. Read at your own risk.

So I've heard that the new whitewater park has become a talking point in the upcoming Town of Avon elections.

Sounds like some of the candidates are using the construction of the park as an attack point against some of the other candidates saying that the park was a waste of money but not giving any examples of what else it could have been used for. Please note this is all hersay to take it for what it's worth.

Being a boater, I am biased towards the park but not just for ample play. I think it will be a great place for people to hang out on the river during the summer and enjoy the river. Much of our riverfront is private property and this will give everyone a place to chill, not to mention they get to watch us. Seeing what happens in Salida at the park there with the families and kids is a great thing and I think it will be a great addition to Avon.

Ron Wolfe and Brian Sipes were instrumental in bringing this park to us so if you are a registered voter in Avon or know registered voters in Avon, please have them support the people who brought us what might be the best addition to Avon in a long time.

outdoormikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #2
e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Why dont you run for office: " i the sweater vow to bring fun back to avon, legalize marijuana and improve the trailer park to allow for more illegals" I'd vote for you! oh wait, I live in suburbia and cant vote there, looking forward to beers at your place after a play sesh next spring!

liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007   #3
Avon white water park

I was pretty excited about the park to. Except they did not do that great of a job. There is not enough space to hang out. And maybe we need more water but none of the waves look that great. Hopefully more water will change the situation. Bobs bridge looks to have potential? Still not enought room to hang out.
EagleCountyPaddler is offline   Reply With Quote