Iwould drive very far to get the right stuff to make PI go away. Heres what I know that works for me...I hit up the "all the above method".
This is for if it gets really bad. which is every time i have ever gotten it. there's no inbetween,(for me) esp if you sleep/scratch on it for 3 days......
1.as stated, Zanfel and technu for your clothes and yerself. ASAP.
2. schedule a dermatologist appt for the same trip to GWS
2. Prednisone if it gets really bad. (Rx)
3. Clobetasol topical cream (Rx: same trip to the dermatologist. its an old school nuke of a cream. not good for you but neither is PI.)
5. keep yourself clean, two showers a day, cleaning the affected area with Zanfel- the ONLY allowed scrubbing. otherwise bite a stick, or a bullet or a bulleit
bourbon or whatever.
all the other folk treatments could help, but dont really change anything.(oatmeal, clay,brown soap, that pink stuff...etc..) you have to dry it out, esp before it blisters.and oozes and spreads. thus the clobetasol.
6. and in the same vein as keeping your rash clean, change and launder your bedding and clothes frequently. dont spread it that way either.
sincerely good freakin luck knocking it out. Down here we have acres of it on the Rio grande, some on the Red River,and mucho at spence hot springs in the Jemez mountains.. that i wont ever go to again. too many drunk people falling in the Ivy on the hike up there... you could get it from the oil floating on the water.
ugh this thread makes me cringe. :knock on wood: it's been a while....