Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 12-21-2006   #1
Please keep eyes peeled for a stolen Mega Impulse...

Hey folks-

I just bought an Impulse and had it shipped down from Washington to the Bay Area. It arrived into the Fresno DHL facility with no problem, then it mysteriously disappeared. My guess is that someone decided they wanted a shiny new boat to sell for a quick buck. It was insured, but the amount unfortunately won't cover the full cost of replacement and shipping (my bad for not insuring for a higher value). Anyway, the boat is a WHITE Mega Impulse with a strange swirled black and white design on the stern (where a new sheet of glass was added).

If you happen to see it around or on a sale forum somewhere, please give me a heads-up. Reward if recovered!

river_tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #2
Am I the only one that has never heard of a Mega Impulse?

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
It's a surf kayak -- not all that common out here.

Rob, thats what you get for not buying a murkywater boat! for real though, hope it turns up soon, and that dirty bastard gets what he deserves.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #4
Yah, I know it's long shot that it'll end up in CO or the mountains, but who knows where the asswipe who stole it will try and pawn it off. (I've bought gear off MB while living in Cali and Boston...)

Len, way to return a call. How you doing anyway? How's your crazy sister? Can I still demo that cute little boat you showed me with the waterwings... I mighta' gone for the Murky if you had ever called me. Seriously, I may be lookin' that way now.

Say hi to Amy,
river_tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #5
San Diego and Frisco, CO
I will put out the word, if it vanished in Fresno it is more likely to be dumped here in CA. Didja post on BoaterTalk Surf?
I have pals in the central valley who kayak and surf. I will alert them.

But if you (or other buzzers) want to come out to CA to surf a bit...drop me a line. Great winter surf rolling in.
And we will lend you a boat!
Mega Impulse...nice. BUt those things are shiny!

Kimy is offline   Reply With Quote