Hello fellow Colorado Boaters! I am a CSU-Pueblo Student conducting a survey for an independent research project on the establishment of whitewater parks in Colorado.
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone reading this had a part in the processes for developing the whitewater parks in (Clear Creek, Glenwood Springs, Buena Vista, Lyons, Steamboat Springs, Pueblo, Estes Park, Boulder Creek and Salida) could share with me any answers to the following questions below.
I will also be visiting the parks from July 21-25th and would be more than happy to meet with anyone at the local parks during those dates.
If you have answers to the questions below, or can put me into contact with someone that does, I would greatly appreciate it. Please e-mail all answers and or contact information to email@example.com
Just include your name, the park you are answering questions about, and any other information not addressed in the questions you think may be helpful to me.
I look forward to hearing from many of you hopefully. And I greatly appreciate your time.
1. What was the original idea towards the creation of the whitewater park?
a. Who was involved in initial planning
b. What were the motivations
2. What obstacles presented themselves in the planning stages?
a. Location, Laws, City Ordinances…etc
3. How was the location selected?
a. Natural? Man-made?
4. Once a plan was laid out how was the idea promoted?
a. City Approval? Community Interest?
5. How was the park designed, setup, who was involved in the design process?
6. What were the safety/legal concerns of having the park?
7. Were there any unknown variable that came up during the process?
8. Once the Park was completely what rules were established for usage?
a. Safety, Environmental…etc
9. How has the local community been affected by the presence of the park?
a. Econominc, business, travel, tourism..etc
b. Are the effects desireable, were there any negative effects?
10. How would you rate your local park vs other parks you have seen?
11. Any Additional information.