Mountain Buzz banner

Playpark in Lyons

Tags
ark
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Arn 
#1 ·
Any been to the play park in Lyons lately?

#2 ·
Lyons Play Park

The water is still low, but I talked with the Water Commissioner for ButtonRock the other day and he thought they would start releasing for Irrigators maybe this weekend, which should put 130 cfs in the Park and 200 cfs at the Black Bear Hole. We made some changes to the park this past fall. We removed most of the headknockers that we at the bottom of the drop, tweaked several drops, and changed one of the drops into a steeper drop. Still have no idea what it will look like at higher water, but a few look promising. Regardless it is a nice warm up for the Black bear Hole.

#5 ·
Lyons update

the Black ear Hole is that orfice on the side of your head.

The flows just started going up when I last checked. They cranked up the water flow from 45 to 78cfs in the PlayPark and it may go up over 100 cfs, which is starting to be decent level in the park. I do not advise calling the Water Commissioner-his biggest concern is getting water to the reservoirs and irrigators not kayaking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.