Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-12-2006   #1
Playing Hookey on Friday Afternoon? Lyons, Boulder,Golden?

I would like to cut out of work early today 5-12-06 and try out one of the front range kayak courses. Anyone willing to join me? I'd like to be there around 3:00.

I'm a beginning boater. I took a roll class and just bought a kayak but otherwise I an reasonably fit and have loads of backountry experience climbing, biking, bc skiing and canoing. This is the year I vowed to finally get into kayaking and I'm desperate to get out today with the weather so warm.

Give me an email:

chrismzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #2
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
I would focus on Golden. The whitewater park in Lyons is too low. They just cut back the flow a few days ago and the flow is around 40 cfs. I think the minumum is 60 cfs. The Black Bear Hole and A-Hole are holding steady at 100 cfs, but that would be to short of a run for you.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Waterton Friday afternoon earthNRG Kayaking | Trip Planner 8 03-30-2006 11:15 PM
Poudre Narrows, Friday afternoon ski_kayak365 Whitewater Kayaking 0 07-28-2005 07:29 AM
Any beginners up for a Lyons II+/III- for Sat afternoon? allgood Whitewater Kayaking 2 07-04-2004 10:47 PM
Friday afternoon and evening Holebait Kayaking | Trip Planner 1 05-14-2004 12:49 AM
Bailey today - friday afternoon claire mcg Kayaking | Trip Planner 0 10-17-2003 12:27 PM

» Classified Ads
Jackson Superstar

posted by Gary Rempe

Beautiful boat with awesome performance. Very lightly used...

Jackson Karma (Medium)

posted by Paddling Life

Brand Spankin' New 2016 Jackson Karma Creek kayak!

Fluid Flirt (med)

posted by dlanci

Medium Fluid Flirt. Bought brand new in 2007. Great river...