Old 04-24-2013   #11
steamboat springs, Colorado
Originally Posted by David L View Post
You can't back a trailer down to the water.
I was there a couple weeks ago and you could. The ramp was fine and in great shape. Kingman, however, seems a little worse for the wear...

3d3vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #12
Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
OK then. Apparently I was too definitive with my post where I wrote that you couldn't get a trailer down to the water, and I stand corrected. But, when we were there at the end of March, none of us with a trailer thought we could back down to the water without any issues from the sand there, and also because of how the end of the ramp looked. We derigged and humped our gear a little ways up from the water to where we could get our trucks and trailers without any potential problems.

Now I wonder how much the sand is changing there, and if it's a crapshoot what everybody will find when they get there.

David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #13
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
Originally Posted by Osseous View Post
There weren't any "cutbacks", just reductions in the rate of growth. Don't drink the Kool-aid, it just encourages the bastards. it what you want, but when your boss calls and says to cut a certain amount of expenditures from your budget............ quack, quack

Yellowstone gets real about budget cuts - The Washington Post

I know,I know, liberal bias media and all that.....

Oh, and feel free to respond, but I'm done.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #14
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2000
Took out on the 22nd and the ramp is fine. I did hear that trailers loading snouts were getting stuck......You could swim the rapid if you wanted.
boatingbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #15
Flagstaff, Arizona
We camped at the Pearce Ferry Campground two weekends ago. Pearce Ferry Rapid had a pour-over close to the far left wall in the lower section of the rapid. It looked easy to miss by dropping into the eddy behind the ridge of rock jutting off the river right side of the rapid.

There was a lot of new sand at the ramp, and i did not walk out into the water to see how far out the ramp edge is. If you have a 4WD towing your trailer and you walk out into the water to scope the drop before you back in, you should be ok.

Have a GREAT trip! Yours, tom

Tom Martin is offline   Reply With Quote