Old 05-26-2006   #1
Park and play spot near glenwood

Is thare a park and play spot in or near glenwood right now I am going to demo a 420.

luke c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #2
There's not realy any park and play that I can recall. Your best bet is probably the "Secret Hole" on the Roaring Fork. There was a post about it a few days ago. Basically you put in at Catherine Store and take out at the 133 bridge that spans the river into Carbondale.

Maybe wait till lower water and South Canyon (about 3,000 on the Colorado below GWS).

duckfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #3
Paddling Since: 1993

Luke, I can attest to the performance of the 420. I have been paddling the s/m since march and I am really loving it definitely the best playboat to come out of the pyranha factory in quite a while. The roaring fork is probably the best play in the area. As far as park and play goes you might check out the hole on river left 200 yards downstream of the westbank bridge. It should be good at this level. Slaughter house has one good hole at this level and kahuna wave is not bad. Woody creek toothache also has some play.
mrekid is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colorado Springs - play spot pcrawford Whitewater Kayaking 4 03-03-2006 04:47 PM
Best Beginner Play Spot??? funkins Whitewater Kayaking 7 07-23-2005 05:23 PM
Best play spot I have seen and it is in Utah hobie Whitewater Kayaking 4 05-21-2005 11:09 PM
Has anybody tried the new play spot in Pagosa? cosurfgod Whitewater Kayaking 5 05-02-2005 12:27 PM
Golden Play Park Improvements Glenwood Springs too! benrodda Whitewater Kayaking 13 11-02-2004 09:42 PM

» Classified Ads
Jackson Rock Star(Medium)

posted by Paddling Life

Brand new 2016 Jackson Kayak Rock Star

NRS Whitewater Kayak...

posted by sunsurfsnow

Brand new, still has tag. Price is $20 less than retail and...

Kokatat Dry Suit, Sweet...

posted by condor

Kokatat GMER, XXL, excellent condition, well cared for, no...