Old 10-27-2006   #1
Panama travel

I know this country has been talked about before here but heading there soon and wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to ride a bus from Panama City to Boquete where the goods are? Any other ways to get there (Boquete) that would better fit a tight time crunch? Any other info is welcomed too.........Thanks

Smokey Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #2

Hey Smokey are you going to meet up with the Bio Boys? I'm gonna hook up with them in Nicaragua and they said you might still be along. Are you gonna bring a surfboard or just the paddlin' gear? I might want to use your gear when you leave cause I'm thinkin of only bringin' a surfboard. I lost your number. Mine is 406-581-5905. Your not still hangin out in Routte County, the most overrated county in the state, are you?

craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #3
No seas pendejo
Bonedale, Ra'do
Paddling Since: Nam
Send a message via AIM to Uncle B
Panama Travel

Do not take a bus from Panama City to Boquete. Talk a flight to David for about $60. If you have a student ID with a date on it, you can get a tikcet for $30. It is well worth the money! Its a great little town with nice folks, cranking river, and hotsprings closer to David. Safe travels...Brent
salvation is in the mind, be mindful at all times
J. Kerouac
Uncle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #4
Craper--Yeah, I'll be down there with the boys. I might have an old piece of polypro you could borrow when the trip is done. You could also grab my surf trunks but no telling how they'll smell.........As for hard goods, I've seen how you paddle. Beat up your own gear. I'll give you a call later.

Hey Uncle B, two questions: How far is David from Boquete and can you book a ticket from here over the internet? Thanks for the info......
Smokey Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #5
Boquete is 38 km from David,David about equidistant from Panama City or San Jose ,CR.Buses can be slow ,but the smaller planes are even less likely to let you bring a boat,according to what I read the weight limit is 25 lbs.Those little planes/flights are cool though you can see really well and the flights are ridiculously short.A night bus may be the answer,though you'll miss out on seeing the countryside.
If you are in need of beta check out LONELY PLANET ;PANAMA,it has a guidebook of sorts{not real detailed} compiled by a guide from NOC.Stuff not around Boquete that has been run includes , the Mamoni,Rio Grande ,and there is/was a German guy in Santa Clara ,Cocle,who runs trips from continental divide to the Pacific,search xs memories or kayak Panama.I think there is good surf near Santa Clara.Good luck ,have fun,I am jealous.
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #6
Did anyone ever find any info on whitewater in Nicaragua,if so where.

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote