Mountain Buzz banner

Palm Customer Service??????? Zipper problem!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Cutch 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard from Palm customer service recently? My wife is currently (9/20/2011) being directed to the UK for service/repair.

They used to be on the east coast right?

So the plastic rear zipper is separating and/or not closing right. Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done? I have seen some of the Stikine suits (this one is an element) with this plastic style zipper.

Don't get me wrong, palm suits are impressive - thickness of fabric, thickness/durability of gaskets, and fit. They are good this one just has a tiny issue that is complicated by overseas customer service???

#2 ·
I had a very scary incident with my wife in a palm dry suite related to a zipper malfunction. The zipper split once and started to fill with water while swimming. Luckily it just resulted in a mild case of hypothermia, but I still have nightmares of the entire suite filling with water and dragging her to the bottom.

That being said I still bought her a Palm a couple years later but we are very very careful about keeping the zipper clean and lubed and that helps a lot but we still double and triple checking that it closed correctly every time.

#3 ·
Rg, I had a similar problem with the metal zipper on my Stikine suit. I contacted Palm about it last February and didn't get a response until April. That response said "we'll look into this," which made no sense because my drysuit is in Idaho and the Palm's customer service is now located in England. Their US distributor/customer service dropped them in early 2011 and I haven't heard of a replacement. Suffice it to say, they didn't do anything to solve my problem.

I went out an bought an IR Double D and couldn't be happier with it. Better fit, better zipper, US-based customer service I can trust.

#5 ·
They've been "working on it" for about a year. That equals no US customer service for about a year. Moreover, their customer service in England is totally unresponsive. So, Palm has no customer service if you own one of their (expensive!) products in the US.

Not a good way to run a business and not a good thing for customers whose lives often depend on a properly functioning drysuit. That's why I went with IR.

#10 ·
thread poachers!

Let the rest of the world produce durable goods, we can focus on invention, intuition, and most importantly LEISURE!

in other news I think this palm thing may be going the wrong way. I can tell you the fabric is bomber and their gaskets are better though!

#11 ·
Hey RG. Have had the same problem with the zipper, and also with the booties being too small so I had to cut them off. Been meaning to contact them as well. Need to send the suit in... barely a year of use out of it. Other than the zipper failing in less than a season, the booties not fitting properly to the size of the suit, and the zipper being located on the back so that you can't get in and out of the suit by yourself, this thing would be alright. The gaskets were nice with good material. The wrist velcro strap could have been more pro. I won the thing so can't complain too much (one of the coolest prizes ever), but if I paid full retail I would be irate. Still want to get the zipper fixed though for friends and family on raft trips.

Our family now has all Kokatat's, and stoked. I completely abused one suit over two seasons, so sent it in to get it patched and fixed. They called me and were like, "Yeah, this thing has some delaminating and wear that shouldn't happen so we are going to send you a new suit." Now that is customer service. Sold on the quality of the suit as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.