Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-03-2012   #1
Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Paddling partners? - Solo road trip up through WY & ID

Hi, I am heading up into Wyoming here in the next week and will be around there and Idaho for around two weeks or so. I'm looking to paddle any class III and IV runs, possibly V- after getting to know & warming up with someone. Looking for people that want to paddle and know the rivers well.

Whatever playboating is in
Alpine Canyon
Grey's River & McCoy Creek
Upper Granite Creek
Gros Ventre
Crystal Creek
Lower South Fork Buffalo River

Mesa Falls

I have been kayaking for many years and several years ago was doing a bunch of V- runs around Colorado (Upper East, Castle Creek, Bailey, Gore, etc.), though having paddled only very lightly for the past several years, I'm looking to keep it mellow & possibly warm up to greater adventure. I will probably hang out in Wyoming for a week or so first, then head over into Idaho & the City of Rocks for some climbing, so if you are into that too, or (especially), ski mountaineering (Tetons/Wind River Range), let me know. Very flexible itinerary.

MountainLove270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #2
Colorado, Wyoming

I'll be making a trip into the Salida area for the next week or so to do some playboating, then heading north to run the Poudre around the 9th-that's about all I have planned so far... I'd be willing to meet up somewhere along the way and do some boating.

Jerbready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #3
Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Around locally prior to the trip

I'd be down to paddle around here with you and have never done the poudre, so that could be fun on my way up towards Wyoming. What about Glenwood? Was considering Shoshone & playboating mid to end of the week prior to going north. What day will you be around Salida, and where are you coming from?
MountainLove270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #4
I live in Wyoming, and will have to get a few things done tomorrow morning before heading out, but I plan on being in Salida Monday or Tuesday evening. I think I'll need to go through Glenwood to get to Salida, so that could be nice.
Jerbready is offline   Reply With Quote