Old 11-30-2006   #21
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Is that a double post within a post? Having trouble with the copy and paste functions Nick? I know I will be subscribing to Paddling Life and Whitewater Life. Thanks for the great work in the past guys, and I'm looking forward to more in the future, regardless of the name of the publication.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #22

Thanks for that.

Agreed. The whole buyer's guide idea needs some tweaking. I believe they're super useful but it's tough to satisfy everyone with them.......

Smokey Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #23
steamboat springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93

just because i haven't been checking out mountainbuzz and posting for 3 or 4 years and have 400 post here like yourself doesn't make my point any less valid than yours. i've been paddling for about 15 years and love the sport more than any other sport i do. i wasn't saying that i like all the technical info either. personally i could care less about all that. i do like to look at prices and weight ranges and then try out different boats to find what i like. all i was saying was that there are people who do want all that info. if giving a minimum amount of tech info in the magazine and letting people go to the company website to find out more info would work that would be great. it would be a lot less work for those putting the buyer's guide together. it would leave more room in the magazine for reviews of the boats. however, a lot of people who are out there living the whitewater lifestyle don't even have internet access. i know of a lot of boaters who are supporting their habit by living in tents in the woods at whitewater rafting companies. these guys wouldn't even have running water if it weren't for the campground showers at the company they work for. during gauley season in september 2001 we were trying to rig up an antenna on an old tv just so we could see what was happening in new york city. television was a luxury that we didn't have, and internet access wasn't even an option there. the few people i knew who did have internet at their house (picture that, a raft guide living in a house) just had dialup and just checking your e mail took hours, let alone surfing websites for info on boats. all i am saying is having all the info in one place is beneficial to some people.
rhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006   #24
Georgia Moonshine
Buy the freaking magazine, spend a few bucks and help out boaters making a mag for boaters. There are a hell of us class III "average boaters" out there with disposable income and jobs.

Trout_Bobber is offline   Reply With Quote