Old 04-28-2005   #1
paddler looking for help finding a boat

I am a second year paddler looking for a good used boat. I'm currently boating with a Perception ARC, and I think that I'm out growing it. I'm looking for a shorter boat so that I can maneuver better but something with enough volume to run big water. Right now I've just been running rivers, but I would like to get into creeking by next season. I don't know very much about boats, but after browsing the forums, it looks like the Gus and Nomad are pretty good. I would like some more input on these boats and any other suggestions. I'm a 6'-3", 200lb, aggressive paddler looking for some help. Thanks!!

golden_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #2
The Wavesport Diesel 75 would be a great boat for the description you gave. This boat is made to be a fast river runner and is very capable to creek with as well. Check out for more details and specs. I have a used one for sale if you are interested.

chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #3
Do you have a mohawk?
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #4
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Depends on how much play you want.

You could go with a Wavesport BigEZ, Pyranha Inazone 240/242 or I3, or Dagger Outlaw if you want more play. If you want more speed and stability with some play still in there, go for a Wavesport Z or Riot Grind (same boat really). If you want straight-up downriver prowess, go for a Pyranha H3 255 or a Wavesport Diesel 75.

Only the H3 and Diesel are suitable for creeking, though. Since they aren't really the best for any real play and only Hercules can get these boats to squirt on an eddyline, most folks end up with two boats.

If you're interested, I've got a Riot Grind for sale, very cheap, just want to get it out of the basement. It was a hoot on Westwater and caught lotsa waves my playboats never did. Send me a PM if interested.
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #5
Go for Chad's Diesel

I think the Diesel would be sweet. I paddled mine last weekend and really like it a lot. I think it sounds perfect for you!
Katie Selby is offline   Reply With Quote