Old 06-14-2007   #1
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 07
Paddle partner near tech center

I am a 17 years old male and am starting to get into kayaking. I have been on confluence a few times but have just had my father watch for safty. I was really hoping to kayak a few times a week with some other kayakers. I have amost all the equipment and would like to learn to playboat. I am very confident in my rolls and am ok at surfing. I live just south of tech center so I think that conflunence is the closest river but would be willing to go to other locations as long as it is reasonably close. I am a quick learn and would love to boat with some real kayakers. If you have suggestions of other places to boat or if I could tag along with you that would be great.

Stephen DeMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Head to Golden on a weekend day and just get in the water. Meet some paddlers in the eddies and I guarantee they'll take care of you. I don't mean to suppose that it's everybody's responsibility to bump boats for novice swimmers, but that folks there will happily help and give suggestions.

Lots of times when I have no one to boat with I'll boat Golden because I feel ten times safer with all the knowledge around.

And hey, Golden is only like 10 minutes past Confluence for you, just go there! And Union chutes is the closest boating to you, not confluence.

Have fun!
climbhoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off