Old 05-25-2012   #21
Paddling Since: 96
Originally Posted by bvwp1 View Post
Made it to round one of the How to Win at Paddle Fest last night. Game on.

How to Win the Party at Paddlefest 2012
Yeah! Jeff's music was great last night and the food at the Asian Palate was good as usual. Really fun seeing old friends there. Amazing number of people showed up for the benefit. Town was really hopping, especially for a Thursday night.

Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #22
Super bummed to miss Paddlefest this year! It's such a great reunion and way to kick off the summer boating season.

Folks in CO - if you are still on the fence about getting up there, go!

More free/affordable events, instructional clinics, demos and overall paddling-focused fun than any other event I have ever been to. The event is a real opportunity for paddlers of all abilities to connect with everything from the seasons most affordable gear, industry representatives and athletes, some of the best instruction available, meet new paddling friends of any ability, and just overall set yourself up for having the best possible season.

For those of you taking advantage of this great weekend event, have fun!

American Whitewater's website and river stewardship projects are funded by paddlers. Please join, renew, or make a donation to help us protect whitewater rivers in Colorado and nationwide.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #23
buena vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
you can't win the party at Paddle Fest without seeing Crazy oTTo at the Lariat late night on Saturday! Proceeds from the show are going to the BV whitewater park.
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #24
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
you can't win the party at Paddle Fest without seeing Crazy oTTo at the Lariat late night on Saturday! Proceeds from the show are going to the BV whitewater park.
Watch out for Tawnya "turtle" Harding... he likes to take out competitors with body-slams to the concrete to gain the advantage in competitions.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #25
Great turn out yesterday. Lots of amazing people in town for P Fest. Good low water, nice weather, lots of paddling, and tons of great social events for all.
bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #26
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
I'm super bummed to have missed the fest this year. Even more so because there is nobody to paddle with here in the SE - everyone seems to have gone to Pfest! If I could have made it, I definitely would have won the party!
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #27
TOUCHDOWN, Mississippi
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by bvwp1 View Post
Paddle Fest 2012, once again, will be Memorial Day Weekend in Buena Vista, Colorado. The mission is to "Kick off the Paddling Season" with events for all ages and abilities. A community run event with the BV River Park as the beneficiary that so many people get to enjoy every year. Hope to see you there.

9am-5pm- On Water Educational Courses and Pool Sessions with RMOC. Learn all facets of kayaking from the best instructors in the world at PaddleFest. From first time paddling classes to advanced techniques, PaddleFest offers it all to you.

10am- SikMik Pump Track Competition- Brought to you by 5.10 at the BV Pump Track at the end of E Main St. An all ages and all ability race and agility contest at the BV Pump Track (A skate park for mountain bikers).

11 am-1pm-River Surf Expo presented by BoardWorks -At the Buena Vista River Park ( Staircase Wave-just up from South Main.) Come learn some basic river SUP surf skills and try out the newest river surf SUP’s. This is for people with previous river SUP experience. Must have your own paddling gear. Demo boards will be provided.

11am-3pm- Whitewater Kayaking Demo Center-Buena Vista River Park in South Main Come test the new 2012 whitewater kayaks and learn about boat design from the world’s best manufacturers at the Buena Vista River Park.

11am-4pm- SUP and Flatwater Kayaking Demo Center- presented by BoardWorks -At the Buena Vista Town Pond at McPhelemy Park. Come learn some basic skills and try out the best in Flat-Water Kayaking, Kayak Fishing, SUP, and Inflatable technologies.

10am-3pm- Combo Clinics at McPhelemy Park. Intro classes and flat water paddling clinics for Stand Up Paddling (SUP), Kayak Fitness, Lake Kayaking and Kayak Fising on the BoardWorks Pond at McPhelemy Park.

11am-4pm- Keynote Speakers- Dry land presentations and education for those not wanting to get wet. State Highway Building, E Main St.

NOON – SUP Yoga For Paddlers – Yoga keeps your core in shape and your body in balance. So does Paddling! Come learn how to apply fun and basic Yoga techniques on dry land and then yoga up on a SUP board. You will love how you feel after this course. Even if you did get a little wet.
Join Jenna with jalaBlu Yoga / $5.00-$8.00 Suggested ‘jala’ Donation – Location: BV Town Pond

2:00-3:30pm- SUP High Jump Competition at the Boardworks SUP Pond in McPhelemy Park. I say jump you say how high? A fun high jump contest on paddle boards (SUP) for all ages and abilities.
3pm-7pm- BV Pro Kayaking Finals- Buena Vista River Park in South Main. Watch the best in the world battle it out for the BV Pro Kayaking Title. A must see event full of excitement and thrills.

6pm- SUP-Hill-Downhill- Meet at the South Main River Park at 5 pm with your boards and all your gear. A fun uphill, but short , foot race to your SUP board (which will be stashed up stream) and a Chinese downhill SUP River Race to the finish line in South Main. Cash and prizes for the winners.

12pm-9pm Happy Hour- PaddleFest is brought to you by our title sponsor Eddyline Brewing. Along with Deerhammer Distillery and Vino Salida present Riverside Happy Hour at the South Main Square. Beer, food and music and vendors at the South Main Square during the BV Pro Kayaking Competition. An all ages event.

7:30-8:30pm- River Flicks Movie Premier at the State Highway Building. Presented by Forge Motion’s.

8:30-11 pm- TEVA Block Party and listen to Live Music at the BV Roastery. Come enjoy local crafted Eddyline Beer , Whiskey from Deerhammer Distillery and Vino from Vino Salida while listening to the band I’m With Her featuring Angie Stevens.

Why no mention of Ska Brewings's involvement?? They have been a sponsor of this event before Eddyline was a concept. And still are.

Don't get me wrong... I love what EL is doing there in BV... but, come on.. They're no ska. Given the option of a crank or a Modus Hoporandi.. I know what I'm reaching for.
OleMissBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #28
Paddling Since: 96
Great, great day yesterday. Paddled with a party of 20. The Numbers were as crowded as I've ever seen them. Saw so many old friends. Very cool gear swap at CKS. Earl is everywhere and getting it done super smooth. The comps were amazing. The feature was tiny, requiring perfect technique to pull anything off. Still, the pros managed rides of more than 1,000 points. Dane saved his best for last and threw the best ride of the comp as it got dark out. Dustin and Katie both made finals even as they ran the event and parented two little ones. The SUPers gave us some very entertaining races with Dan Gavere turning it into an 8 ball event. Burgers and Boater Beers went down easy. Very cool venue with tons of great product to demo or learn about. I demoed a Super Hero and it could well join my quiver. The wind was intense at times but I saw no tents blow away. The evening, well I don't know who won the party. Maybe all of us. I made it from the awards at the Highway Building to Deerhammer to the Rope. Heading out for another great day. Time to see more old friends and make more new ones.

Come and git some!
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012   #29
Wow, what an amazing weekend. So many great people with contagious energy. The paddling community showed that low water has not affect on continuing to have fun with the sport they love. Thanks to all who came and we hope everyone had a safe, enjoyable and education weekend. I have not been this tired since last years event.

And yes, thanks to all of our sponsors, including Ska. They were the original foundation of fundraising for P Fest and have helped out BV and the river park in so many ways. We love them and appreciate all they have done. But with other commitments on Memorial Day they are not the title sponsor , but still continue to support paddlers and the paddling community. They have been listed here from day one. Thanks Ska and Arlo. And thanks to the Eddyline for making Boater Beer. It was so well received.

Riverside Happy Hour | CKS PaddleFest 2012
bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012   #30
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I see no date on the schedule. Do most of those events happen daily through Monday?

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote