Old 05-22-2012   #11
Paddling Since: 96
Originally Posted by breckster View Post
Does anyone know if they are starting a release in time for paddlefest, or are we going to have the current 400CFS/ish flows?
I noticed that they just started releasing more from Clear Creek and the Numbers level is at 453 and on a vertical spike. Sure seems like a weekend at 600 would make sense. Someone (Earl?) make this happen!

Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #12
Buena Vista, Colorado
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
Four things... really excited to drink some Eddy Line beer out of a can, because I'm always looking for good canned beer for my self support missions.
The Eckstein kayaking family Deerhammer Distillery should help drink the rest of my low water blues away, which is helpful.
The Evergreen Cafe packed with boater scum.
And the typically terrifying Lake Creek should be at a perfect mellow level.

Going to be a good weekend.

Stop by the Deerhammer table at Pfest. I've got a bottle of whiskey for you (a slight upgrade from the icecream debt still owed from 4 years back).

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #13
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Lake Creek, Pine Creek, Numbers, BV, and More!

Lake Creek is good to go right now for you Creekboaters. We ran all with no real bad wood issues at above 400cfs. Pine Creek and Numbers is a fun option at 500cfs. Especially for people looking to get their personal first descents in. Play park is decent and awesome for SUP boards as well as some cartwheels, flat spins and loops for those that can plug high on the holes. There is buzz that there may be a release starting soon. Not 100% certain at this point. Paddlefest is going to be awesome this year!

ckspaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #14
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Super stoked for Paddlefest. Badfish and Boardworks will be out in force with SUP demos and the Staircase wave will be at the perfect level for trying out some river surfing. We are going to have a really fun race on Saturday night, attainment up, sprint down. Its going to be a great event for introducing people to river SUP. Looks like the warm days are sending us a little water so get down to BV for the weekend!
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #15
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I signed up for the womens paddling clinic - any idea who is going to teach the Saturday class?
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. - Voltaire
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #16
Today the Ark is about 475 in BV. Just got out of the water, lower but still so much fun. Man is it hot here.

No releases for Paddle Fest. State Parks is saving resources for July 1 augmented flows. The goal is to keep the Ark at about 500 CFS for most of the summer. Good to have a little of a very rare resource this season.

Every event at Paddle Fest is on schedule to occur. What a good year to get new people into paddling.
bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #17
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Lake Creek

It'll be in and the bottom 4 are always awesome!
ChasetheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #18
Ouray & Buena Vista & Winter Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Paralyzer on Lake Creek this past sunday at around 400 cfs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2682.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	963.2 KB
ID:	4711  
one legged wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #19
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Lake, BV Pro-Am, Win a Kayak, Get Your Party ON

Nice shot- a little right? hope that line worked out. I broke my paddle once at the paralyzer boof landing a little right and checking the rock with the right blade.

Some folks headed up to lake today I think. Definitely a good class V option.

BV Pro is on for the Downtown hole.... lots of tricks possible with a bit more water in the ditch now. Come drink beer, listen to the tunes of DJ Telthorst and watch the pros 2-7 Friday and 3-7 Saturday, then register up for the Open event from 11-4 Sunday and you're in the running for a Jackson Kayak of your choice!
dustin.heron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #20
Made it to round one of the How to Win at Paddle Fest last night. Game on.

How to Win the Party at Paddlefest 2012

bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote