Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-20-2008   #1
Washington, Washington, D.C.
Overnight river trip bachelorís party in August

Hey guys looking for a little knowledge. I am getting married CO (Estes Park) in August and my buddies are trying to throw me an overnight rafting trip bachelorís party. Any ideas on what is going to be running and what companies you recommend for 15-20 dudes? Most of us are kayakers, but some are not so we are looking more for the experience as opposed to the adrenaline rush. We just want a nice scenic river with lots of peace and a whole lot of nature. Less expensive is always better than more expensive. We are looking to stay as close to Estes Park and or Denver as possible.

jpressfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #2
B.V., Colorado
In August you should still have a few options. Try giving The Adventure Company a call 1-800-497-RAFT (yes, I'm bias....I work there), our website is:
We do most of our overnighters on the Arkansas river(2 hours from Denver).
give them a call-our staff is very helpful-john

Melrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #3
Washington, Washington, D.C.
Thanks John

I will certainly give you guys a buzz. Much appreciated.
jpressfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Another mellower option, that wouldn't be as nice as the Ark, would be the upper colorado. Kayakers could do a quick run on
Gore, then meet non boaters and rafts for a float into pumphouse.

Closer to Estes; drive over trail ridge.

Trains all night are adrawback.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #5
C. Springs, Colorado
Dave's right.......the Upper C (Colorado River) would be a great choice with chill campsites along the river and a free hot spring that you will pass along the way. You might Google KODI rafting. They run that stretch and I've known a few guides that work for them. They'll set you up for a good time with quality guides.

Not that TAC isn't an outstanding company...........I'd boat with any of their guides........and have in the past.

caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #6
Salida, Colorado
Even more better...

you can drive over Trailridge road thru Rocky Mtn Park to Kremmling then Pumphouse, save bunch of miles, skip the city/traffic. They might even bring the party bus shuttle to Testes Park for you!

Hell I might round up 4-5 rafts and haul your asses thru if you bring the beer!
No amount of money is worth your free time!
whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #7
Westwater Canyon

Westwater canyon is the perfect batchlor party run. you could rent a few big rafts and the rest could kayak. its easy enough a experienced kayaker could get a raft down the river and your non-boating friends can paddle the raft.
pcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #8
Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Dam it! I thought this was going to be a thred about how to get and where to put strippers at key rapids around the campfire etc. My buddy is getting married and he has never kayaked but is coming up for a week to learn then I'm gonna put him on FP maybe do an overnighter on an easier float but there will be strippers on the river mark my word!
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #9
A buddy of mine threw a bachelor party on the Selway a few years back. They actually had strippers flown in to the Moose Creek campsite. The strippers then floated the canyon with the bachelor party. Apparently it was really cold, and the girls were only naked for a few minutes. I think the strippers were from Missoula...not so sure you could find any girls like that on the Front Range.
doublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #10
Whitefish, Montana
I might have seen those strippers from Missoula, I did my bachelor party with Lewis and Clark Rafting and we did 4 days on the Main Salmon, with a drunk bus from Missoula to the put in, 4 days on the river colaborating with the raft guides, two of us kayaked and then back to Missoula for strippers and the rest of what you would normally consider bachelor party activity....

Point being that the guides we had were more just another three friends on the trip. We cooked, cleaned and shared beer and such and got the whole trip at an incredibly discounted rate of 500 per person for all of it. It took some talking with the guide service, and worked out in the end.

purpleyak is offline   Reply With Quote