Old 06-20-2011   #1
Falls Church, Virginia
Paddling Since: 2002
Out of towner looking for a boat!

I'm in a bit of a bind. I'm an East Coast boater that is hanging out in Santa Fe for a month, and friends from DC have driven out to CO to hit up the awesome creeks in the vicinity of Gunnison. I was going to join them this weekend, but I don't have a boat and just learned that CKS isn't renting them out right now. I've got all of my other gear with me.

Does anyone know how I could get a creeker somewhere between Santa Fe and Gunnison for this weekend, or am I just screwed? My attempts to find boat in Santa Fe haven't gone well....

CalamityChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #2
cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1980
boat rental

AAA Inflatable in Denver rents boats the number is 1877-723-8362 Good luck

rti50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #3
El Chupanibre
Thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
If you are going to Gunnison from Santa Fe, route your trip through Salida, then head over Monarch Pass. I know RMOC rents IK's. You also may want to contact Three Rivers resort, just north of Gunnison-Three Rivers Resort & Outfitting Raft, Fish, Kayak
888-761-FISH (888-761-3474)
OldandBitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #4
Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 82
I've got an old kingpin 6.3 you can use while your here. It's not a creek boat, but it will get you down the taylor, maybe the east.
CB Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #5
Falls Church, Virginia
Thanks for the offers. We're looking to paddle Oh Be Joyful and things of that ilk, so a full on creek boat is really what I need. I'm scouring Craigslist now.....eek!
Old 06-21-2011   #6
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Hammered Large Burn?

I picked up a Large Burn from a guy at no cost cause the boat took a bad swim and got totally hammered. He taped and fixed what he could and still ran it, but no longer trusted it for "remote" type runs. Anything road side he still boated it in it's present state. I was going to spend some time repairing it and using it to teach a beginner this winter.

It's yours if you like, even if it doesn't come back to me for some reason.

Call/text if interested. Boats in Fort Collins, CO.

GearDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #7
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I have an old Wave Sport Y. The boat needs a new back band but is in good condition otherwise. You are welcome to borrow it for the summer if you can get up to Golden. PM if you are interested.
mdlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #8
Ok, look. I have borrowed tons of boats ESPECIALLY in DC to run Great Falls. Time to return the favor and karma. I have a cracked but bitched and welded medium burn in CB - in pretty great shape really. You can borrow it. Agreement would be $350 if you break/swim/loose it. Reason is I have it sold for this much in the condition its in. PM me...
American Whitewater's website and river stewardship projects are funded by paddlers. Please join, renew, or make a donation to help us protect whitewater rivers in Colorado and nationwide.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #9
Falls Church, Virginia
I GREATLY appreciate the help everyone has offered!

Meng, you are the MAN. I paddle a Burn M, and we're staying in CB. Your offer is just about as perfect as it gets. May you land a thousand perfect boofs. PM to follow....