Old 04-12-2005   #1
Other great weekend Paddlefest deals

Been talking with some customers and it doesn't sound like everyone can make it all the way over to Paddlefest this weekend. Sounds like a great event though and we wish best of luck!

Alpine Kayak in Avon would like to extend the same pricing this weekend to all of our customers and honor any of our competitor's kayak and/or accessory discounts or coupons that are floating around out there.

So if you are in the area skiing Vail on its last weekend, hitting up Shoshone or want to save a few bucks on gas, stop on by and we'll take care of you.

I think most of the other shops in CO are doing the same thing to try and service their customers the best they can.

Have a great weekend!
Alpine Kayak

Edwards, CO
Alpine Kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #2
another paddlefest price match

hey sean -- great to talk to you and all the other colorado shop owners the other day. Mountain Miser is in as well. We'll match the paddlefest deals. As discussed, we'll start today. Save your gas, go ski, avoid i-70 whatever your reason. Support the shop that supports you...whatever shop that might be. You will soon see posts from most of colorado ww shops. see you soon.

cheers david

mountainmiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #3
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Is Four Corners Riversports offering the same price matching this weekend? Thanks.
rivermanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #4
Match what pricing? I'm not aware of any advertised pricing. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that all the stores are competing for our business and I think Mountain Miser, CKS and Alpine are all outstanding shops. But be original, post some pricing. X% of new boats, Y% off all accessories etc.
Jamie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #5

As always, most of the Colorado Shops are planning on honoring any coupons and specials out there. If you plan to drive up the hill, I hope that you enjoy this great opportunity to peruse a large selection of gear and reconnect with fellow paddlers. Drive safely and watch out for the other guy.

Alpenglow- Golden & Co Springs
ALPENGLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #6
What I want to know is who's idea is to have these damn sales on the same weekend I have to send a check to the freakin' IRS???
Like it or not, all of us are the result of a sexual act.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #7

Very good point there geezer!!!!
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #8
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

Holy smack Batman, I just saw the prices at the gas gage. $2.18 a gallon for the cheap stuff, looks I'll be staying close to home. If your feeling the same stop on by Confluence Kayaks in Denver.

We'll be keeping up with the Jones by dropping our pants and matching the discounts. So, if your looking for a deal and don't feel like paying a cover or driving up into I-70 hell. STOP ON BY. The deals only last for the weekend and it's only on things we have in stock. (April-15-17)

Thanks everyone, and have a good one.

Call 303-433-3676 for directions and shop hours.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #9
All boats on sale?

Are the Jackson Kayaks being sold at a discounted price at the other shops during this weekend?? I'm looking...
sgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #10
I just want to say I am disappointed in the reaction the Kayak shops are having to the Paddlefest event being held in Silverthorne. I have never been to this event in the past, but do plan on going this year to check it out- hopefully meet new people to paddle with and learn more about the gear and products out there. I see what CKS is doing as promoting our sport and bringing the community together like many other events that take place- yes also promoting their store. I understand this is the "competition" for local shops, however if you want to counter what they are doing or offer your own deals that is fine- hell put on your own event down here in Denver. However, bashing and encouraging people not to go due to "gas prices" certainly is not very mature and does not promote a sense of community in our sport which is one of the many reasons I love it so much. AlpenGlow- I am most impressed with your post encouraging people to have a good time if they attend- that is what it is all about in the end! Sorry for this but I couldnt resist posting my 2 cents.

WW Lush is offline   Reply With Quote