Old 06-14-2005   #11
dropzone, Colorado
re: paddlers drive too much, so they they are hypocrites who cannot claim to be environmentalists.

This definitely has merit, but how often do paddlers drive one-to-a-car from the front range to OBJ? Not very often. How often do people driving to work in the city drive one-to-a-car? Almost exclusively. Getting out and paddling makes people respect the pristine and natural, and that is the basis for forming environmental views, which are reflected in many ways such as voting, product selection, advocacy, etc.

ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #12
Amsterdam, Netherlands
sj- i think you're funny, Man... but i thought your honda sh!t the bed.

"I would drag my balls across broken glass just to hear her fart into a walkie talkie" -Jay Drury
tboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #13
Superior, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to Lurch
The amount I drive for recreation bothers me but considering I rode the bus and/or lightrail to work everyday for three years I think I've built up a lot of credit.
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #14
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Lets see, 10,000 kayakers/whitewater ppl voting Kerry
100,000 ranchers/private ppl that hate kayakers voting Bush
Dam I hate the odds

Plus the frontrangers who are all mixed
and the westerners who are all ranchers therefore all Bush ppl

Isn't It just time to give up on our present president and start trying to get people to vote for a Democrate at the next election?
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #15
Yeah tboner that over the top sarcasm just dose'nt quite transfer to this medium. Found a engine in a wreck with less milage than the body slapped it in and it's running like a champ. Yano reduce reuse recycle sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #16
ski/kayak bum
score so far.....
Gary E....+3 for a meaningless rant (gotta love it) Total 3

Twitch...+5 for bashing the shit out of me, -10 for living on the front range for a girl, Total -10

sj....-2 for bashing mountaineers and saying that there are educated front rangers, +2 for the indian hills comment, -3 for driving a gas guzzling old car, -1 for not passing emissions, +3 for recycling, Total -1

skikayak_365....-2 for numbers pulled out of a hat, total -2

double-a-ron....+2 for starting this thread, -2 for getting bashed, +2 for getting out of the front range as soon as possible,-4 for living in SoCal, Total -2

lurch....+2 for light rail, -2 for being on the front range, Total 0

tboner...-5 for being off topic, Total -5

ACC....+1 for insightful comment, -1 for being wrong (we dont car pool for the environment, we car pool so that we can bake the whole car), Total 0

Caspian....-5 for trying to level heads, this is a brawl...not room for moderates, DQed

cayo....-1 for defending denver, +3 for bashing HR, +1 for The Prince reference, -3 for not actually understanding The Prince reference,+1 for the cute poem, -3 for saying your from U.S. Jr, Total -2

De la boot....+2 for a good point, -1 for not bashing front rangers, Total -1

Dan Orion...+2 for good research, -1 for leaving out the mountain's red countys, Total +1

medman....-5 for not lending us his "educated" opinion (how exactly does a medical degree qualify you as educated in Political Science/Economics/Business/Environmental Studies/Religion?)

Round two......
double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #17
medman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #18
Medman I appreciated your civility in our previous dispute.I greatly respect your profession.You are certainly entittled to your oppinion,but in light of YOUR PARTY'S tactics in recent years ,spewing all kinds of anti-liberal venom don't you think you're the one being hipocritical!!I guess republicans can dish it out but can't take it.
I agree we are hipocrits who drive to much.
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #19
Can't we all agree to just hate one another and any political view that we disagree with? Isn't that what good ol' American politics is all about anyway? Medman... you shouldn't get all bent out of shape if people give you or any other Republican a hard time. It's their job as a blue-blooded American liberal to tell you what a schmuck you are for being a gay-bashing, bible-thumping, poverty-hating, gun-loving, racism-promoting, war-mongerer who has no love or compassion for anyone who makes less than $65,000 a year before benefits. NOW, it's your job to tell all those pinko birkenstock-wearing, welfare-using, tax-increasing, tree-hugging, granola-eating, big government-loving, long-haired hippies to take a bath once a week, shave their woman's armpits and move out of Boulder and into what the rest of us call "reality." NOW that is what real American politics is about. So instead of getting bent out of shape about hurt feelings and futile attempts to make light of issues that have no end... you should join the rest of us in a little slap-happy humor and stupid insults. After all, in the end, isn't that what American politics is anyway... hating each other for our differences and embracing our hatred for the "other un-patriotic, non-America loving people" who disagree with us?
J Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #20
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
LMAO!Nice Jrock,Nice!

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote