Old 12-14-2005   #1
OT: Paranoid ????

And you thought they wern't watching.......

rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #2
Golden, Colorado
This part bothered me:

"The DOD database obtained by NBC News includes nearly four dozen anti-war meetings or protests, including some that have taken place far from any military installation, post or recruitment center."

There isn't any non-evil reason for the DoD to monitor an anti-war protest. I'm pretty sure there aren't any Baathists or Al Queda there.

If Osama bin Laden is alive he is laughing his ass off. Bush is the best thing that ever happened to radical Islam. You can put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #3
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
First, none of the anti-war activists I know pose a violent threat, including the one who actually does it for a living.

Second, domestic terrorism has historically come from both the right and the left.

Third, it wasn't all that long ago that the Weathermen and other homegrown American groups on the left were bombing things here - yes, murdering people. Left-wing radicals in the USA have historically become violent just as much than the right-wing ones, quite possibly more.

Yes you must be careful with civil liberties, but you also have to analyze carefully too: Do you have a problem with the feds keeping tabs here and there on the Aryan Nations or Michigan Militia? I sure don't. Why should I apply a different standard here?
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote