Old 09-04-2012   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Oskar Blues at Bailey Fest Comments

Oskar Blues has been a Bailey Fest sponsor since day one, and the last 3 years we have enoyed some quality Colorado brewed beer from Oskar Blues. How awesome is it to roll up to the takeout to two massive ice chests full of oskar blues cans... or to roll back to the put in to cosy up to tapped kegs?

Bailey Fest has grown significantly, and so has the amount of beer drank at the fest. I'm going to report back to OB to see if they are interested in upping the amount of beer support that they give to the fest, but I need some comments, feedback, support, kudos etc to show them. Basically Oskar Blues wants to see the support and results that their sponsorship brings. If you have any comments of support, thanks, etc please post them up here. I will pass on the link to the Oskar Blues folks so they can see what Bailey Fest patrons have to say about Oskar Blues.

My personal fave... having a keg of Dale's Pale ale and Mama's Little Yella Pils tapped at the same time at the camp party.

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #2
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I moved here last June and had my first Dales at last years Baileyfest. Its my fancy beer of choice now.

justin.payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #3
Indian Hills, Colorado
When I describe Baileyfest to non-boaters, the part they they always get hung up on is the OB. People say, "wait, let me get this straight. $20 for all you can drink Oscar Blues, all weekend?"

So yeah, OB gets some great brand building from the event.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I can say it honestly, since I already relayed this story to someone. When I'm in the store indecisively picking out beer, I often find myself thinking, well, Oskar Blues gives us all that beer for Bailey Fest, that's pretty cool, I ought to support them and buy some OB. Fortunately it's a pretty easy sacrifice because they have a plethora of awesome beers to choose from.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #5
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Man, I have to say, that Dale's Pale (or 3...) I had at the takeout party on Saturday hit the spot WAY more than the backup PBRs in my cooler would have. Perhaps it's time to upgrade my cooler contents... I love me some Oskar Blues!
piobeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #6
Denver,, exhaustion
I have gone to the the Lyons restaurant and let them know that I am eating (and drinking) there in part due to their sponsorship of bailey fest. I always ask that they let the manager know.
"We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners around here" -Edward Abbey
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #7
SW, Colorado
Unfortunately can't drink their beer,

But I did just buy a 12er of Dale's for a shop guy who styled me.

Regardless, full props to O.B. for their support. I have no doubt that their excellent support of Baileyfest will pay dividends. Thanks again to Oscar Blues!
fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #8
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
DPA is the only pale ale with that crisp dry hop flavor that satisfies. I have recommended OB to every out of state friend and family member since I moved here years ago! Keep up the good work OB!!
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill-
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #9
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Speaking of restaurants... I took my family to the OB longmont restaurant a little while after Bailey Fest. The kids wanted to see the 3 story high Dales Pale Ale can. I was amazed to find some awesome Southern / New Orleans style food on the menu. As a native New Orleanian... its almost impossible to find good New Orleans food anywhere outside Louisiana, and 90% of the places that try it fail miserably. OB had multiple dishes in the flavor, and the decor of the place reminded me of the house of blues in the french quarter groove. Cool place.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #10
I credit them for starting the good beer in a can revolution.

I first had Dales in Moab..... some old coot saw me fixing 3 strangers bikes on the trail in one day, including someone he was with ...... he said to stop by his car at the end of the day for a beer. A dust storm rolled in and we all piled inside...... with the dog. He was serving Dales and told me he drives around and hands it out to spread the word....... OB beer has been my prefered beer since.

Try the Deviant Dales....... strong beer in a tall boy!

nemi west is offline   Reply With Quote