Mountain Buzz banner

Open Pool Time (Mulberry Pool) - Fort Collins

7K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  GearDog 
#1 ·
We are starting up the Open Pool Time again this year at the Mulberry Pool. Here are a few details.

Mulberry Pool
424 W. Mulberry St.
Fort Collins, CO

Monday Nights - 8p to10p

Starts Monday November 7th
Cost: $8.50

Please use North entrance, same as last year, to carry boats in & out.

They need a minimum of 6 boaters to cover costs.

Please feel free to call/text me if you have any specific questions.

Lenny

#4 ·
Monday the 7th - Open Pool is ON!

Fort Collins Open Pool Starts Monday the 7th.

Mulberry Pool
424 W. Mulberry St.
Fort Collins, CO

8p to10p

Cost: $8.50

Please use North entrance, same as last year, to carry boats in & out.

They need a minimum of 6 boaters to cover costs.

Please feel free to call/text me if you have any specific questions.

Lenny

#9 ·
Mulberry Pool Update:

The Pool will be Open for Roll Time every Monday from now till the end of the year with the exception of Monday December 26th. The pool will be closed the day after Christmas. Times are 8-10p.

Beginning in January they will transition to Wednesday evenings, starting with January 4th. Same times, 8-10p.

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions, text/call.

Lenny.

#10 ·
Monday November 28th - Open Pool is ON!

Mulberry Pool is good to go for tonight, 11/28, 8p-10p.

Mulberry Pool Update:

The Pool will be Open for Roll Time every Monday from now till the end of the year with the exception of Monday December 26th. The pool will be closed the day after Christmas. Times are 8-10p.

Beginning in January they will transition to Wednesday evenings, starting with January 4th. Same times, 8-10p.

Lenny.

#14 ·
Monday December 5th - Pool Time is On

Hey Leif,

Yes the pool should be open tonight. It may take a few consecutive weeks of low attendance to reevaluate. If I hear otherwise I'll post an update as quickly as I can.

Great Black Canyon post, well done brother.

Mulberry Pool Update:

Lenny.

#17 ·
Monday December 19th - Open Pool Time is On.

Open Pool Time tonight is good to go, 8p-10p.

Mulberry Pool Update:

CLOSED - Monday December 26th, the day after Christmas.

Lenny.

#19 ·
Can't wait to get to Fort Collins. Have loved it since I was a kid and finally decided to move there in the spring. The Poudre river is my favorite place on earth. Just started paddling a small recreational kayak last spring, but I really want to learn whitewater. It's really great that the pools are available for a small fee. Got most of the strokes down, but need to learn the roll. Hope to meet you soon.

#22 ·
JD63

The Open Pool time at the Mulberry Pool is a great way to meet local boaters, plan trips, and of course to practice those strokes & rolls. Will be great to have a new face, welcome. Make sure you introduce yourself and I can put you in contact with some boaters qualified to help teach you some rolling tips.

See you soon.

Lenny.

#26 ·
New-comers

Hey, my girlfriend and I were thinking of coming in next Wednesday, the 25th, to work on/rediscover our rolls. Haven't really kayaked in a year and a half and would like to get some pool time to get our rolls down. Also wondering if anyone that attends would be down for giving pointers and possibly helping out a bit depending on how much we've forgotten. Let me know if this is cool and what usually happens there, thanks!

#27 ·
bigstonge11,

Would be great to have you both join in. It's a really relaxed environment. Show up a few minutes before 8p. Bring your boats in the North entrance, if in doubt walk into the main West entrance, check in at the front desk, pay your $8.50/ea, then exit out the North door, grab your boats/gear and re-enter. Make sure your boats are clean before entering the pool.

There is always someone willing and available to give help and advice. The boating community around Fort Collins, for the most part, are some of the best people anywhere.

My advice, jump in and enjoy, it will feel like you never left.

Feel free to text/call if you need anything.

Lenny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.