Old 06-12-2005   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Online CPR/First Aid

This is an FYI that I thought might be of interest. I had no idea that CPR and First Aid training was available online. My schedule makes it very difficult for me to commit to an in-person class, and it usually takes weeks between signing up for a class and actually taking it. I Googled for CPR instruction and was surprised to find a variety of online options. $50 and 2.5 hours later, I had the full (not recertification) adult and infant CPR, and first aid. I like to take the full CPR class and not wait 3 years for the first aid to expire.

In the online course I learned a few extra pieces of knowledge that I hadn't learned from taking the same class over and over locally, and I did notice that some extra pieces of knowledge that I had gotten from the local class were missing from the online version. The fundamentals all seemed to be there. I know some people will say that it's best to get this taining in person, but if it's so difficult to work the class into your schedule that you know it's just not going to happen, this would be far better than nothing. That was my situation, and that's why I wanted to post this here. Everything was animated and I felt that it was at least as good as the in-person class. Instead of zoning out from boredom, I was able to keep the class moving at my pace. It had good animations too. I wouldn't recommend it without a fast internet connection.

I took mine from, but there are several. I have no affiliation other than my certificates from them. The only thing I might get out of you taking the class is that you might save my life someday.
dwk is offline   Reply With Quote