Old 05-16-2005   #1
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Old M-buzz forum

Tried to search old topics and can't find that link anymore. Is the old forum from 2003 and earlier gone?

Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #2
Steamboat, Colorado
Unfortunately, yes. Sorry about that, but I had to remove 75MB of old posts prior to moving mtnbuzz to a new server a couple weeks ago.

I do still have old archives laying around. So let me know if there is a message that you really need and I'll see if I can dig it up.

frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #3
Indian Hills, Colorado
Frenchy, I recall getting some really good suggestions of how to keep your shoulders safe from an old you think you can dig that up? Does anyone have any good shoulder exercise suggestions? I wasn't too keen on my doc's recomendation of "don't kayak anymore."
DanOrion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #4
shoulder exercises

I'm no PT but I've been hurt a few times so read on at your own risk. What you need is a physical therapist who owes you a favor. Mine recommended several exercises. two that you wouldn't think to do are sort of difficult to describe but here goes: 1. (right shoulder description) find a surface that is just about shoulder height and use that to rest your elbow with your elbow pointed directly out to your right and your elbow bent at a 90 degree angle and your upper arm parallel to the floor. Use a very light dumbell(5-15lbs) and roll your arm upward while keeping your elbow where it is until your forearm is pointed strait up and lower back to the original position. Do high reps at very low weight, slowly. You'll feel it behind your shoulder.

2. the second is similar but use cables with the pully set up at your waist level. (right shoulder) Stand with your elbow pointed strait down and your forearm parallel to the floor. With your palm pointed to your left, grasp the cable handle, the cable should be extended directly(horizontally) to your left. Keep your elbow stationary while you swing your lower arm out to your right until your lower arm is pointing nearly directly to your right. Keep your elbow in tight to your side and stationary. Of course light weight and slowly.
dgoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #5
Indian Hills, Colorado
Thanks dgoj! I'll be in Dgo sans boat around memorial day weekend, but if shouldie is feelin right, I may go for a quick float in a rental! Silver Toyota Pickup with a topper (doesn't that narrow it down!). SYOTR!
DanOrion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #6
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hey Dan,

Have you considered rowing?

Hope all's well,

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote