Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 10-29-2009   #1
Amsterdam, Netherlands
nut up or shut up... bullriding and bullfighting!!!

For all the crazy Buzzards... Creek boat put away for the season??? Feeling a little down?? Dropping class V just not enough for you anymore?? Looking for some excitement?? Have I got a challenge for you!!!

My cousin, Jed Moore, holds bull riding and bullfighting camps up in Cheyenne. I convinced him to open the camp to adventure junkies such as ourselves. Typically he markets to real cowboys.. not gasoline cowboys like us. Be assured this is the real-deal.

Jed's a total badass and knows his sh!t. I think you'd be in for quite an adventure and maybe even change your life.

Here's some details and you can get the rest direct from Jed at #bullman27#@#gmail#.#com (take out the #s)

2nd Annual Jed Moore/Lance Brittan Bullriding & Bullfighting School!

January 1-2-3, 2010
Cheyenne, WY Laramie County Community College Campus Indoor Arena

Tuition: $300 for Bullriding or Bullfighting

What you get:
Low Student to Coach ratio
Unlimited ability appropriate stock
Ground Training
Personal Training
Classroom Instruction (Media, Professionalism, Rodeo planning, Mental Training)
2 Meals per day (Lodging NOT included)
Video Replay & Critique
School DVD
Guest Speakers
Bonus Activities

"I would drag my balls across broken glass just to hear her fart into a walkie talkie" -Jay Drury
tboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #2
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Heck I can cartwheel, that's called rodeo isn't it??? Probably easier to ride a bull then to stay in the hole at Golden, right???

Actually this sounds pretty cool for someone that still has shoulders left...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #3
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984

That would be fun. I'll bet Trev can make his 8 seconds before Gary E.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #4
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1964
Don't kid yourselves. Riding a little less than a ton of snorting, snot spewing, nut tied, pissed off, athletic beast is much harder than it looks. Not to mention if you don't get caught in the riggin' and are able to buck off, you still got a pissed off critter after your ass. Take it from one who knows...first hand for 14 years on the PRCA pro circuit. B.R.O. and PBR. The Golden Hole is considerably safer. But you do have the right idea. Definately go to camp and take lessons first. Start on the barrel, before you resin up the riggin. Oh yeah, and wear a helmet...the ground hurts, especially if you get bucked over the handle bars. Stay in the well, and reach for the air.

"My heroes have always been cowboys"
bigwoodyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #5
Huge rush but you wont remember a thing. Went this summer for the first time near Penrose for a friends bachelor party. 5 guys, 3 got injured and that was only with one ride each! Each ride was only $25 but no one really wanted to take a second due to the injury ratio on the first round. Needless to say we all hit the bottle pretty hard on the way to lodo and throughout the evening but the consensus was the stories we had for the strippers were worth it...even Walker agreed 2 weeks later still on medication for back spasms when I saw him at the wedding.

Quote of the day from the bull provider: "Normally this is a 3 day class, but I am going to give you a quick run through". 5 minutes later we were on the bulls...

For some good laughs you tube bullriding Chad Dyson on Dead Meat, Bullriding Walker tries to ride a bull, Christian Avignon on applejack. And yes, we were gasoline cowboys for the day...whatever that means
Chad D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #6
Nut Up or Shut Up.

Hmmm....... Tough call.
EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #7
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Chad!! That was sweet! My heart was pounding just watching the vids.
"I would drag my balls across broken glass just to hear her fart into a walkie talkie" -Jay Drury
tboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #8
I'd rather take my chances with upper death, a bit more predictable.

gregmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote